Author Topic: I got a Hard Woodie for a Big Clam  (Read 1378 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
I got a Hard Woodie for a Big Clam
« on: November 15, 2016, 12:22:55 PM »
Long story - short.

Half my life ago when I was working on the fishing boats, I used Dexter hard wood handle fillet knives that were really only available to commercial guys back then from what I could remember.  I also used to shuck 100 bushels of clams every 2 weeks for bait on the boat and had an awesome Dexter Hard Wood clam knife that made the work so easy.

I have a bunch of big clams at home purging and ready to be shucked and wanted to find a good knife.  I found the Knife Merchant online and realized it was pretty close to my work and VERY reasonably priced.  https://www.knifemerchant.com/

Super attractive girl greeted me and when I told her the clam knife I was looking for, she was like "Here you go"... That was it!  I asked her about the fillet knife and she was like "Here you go".... BAM!  Mind blown and happier than a clam!

The packaging has come light years from the plain cardboard sheath it would come in, but I couldn't be happier!  Time to Shuck some big, wet clam!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: I got a Hard Woodie for a Big Clam
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »
Bear in mind those aren't stainless but carbon steel.

Dave at the Knife Merchant is awesome. Many people want my F d!ck honing rods so I am always sending them to him since that is where I got them.

Hands down the best kitchen knife store in SD.

Jim

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: I got a Hard Woodie for a Big Clam
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 05:48:24 PM »
I didn't want a stainless one. It's more of a nostalgia thing and I'm really really good with this knife. I'm not kidding when I say that Tens of thousands of fish will know and attest to. It also sharpens So cleanly.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.