Author Topic: Pain  (Read 5094 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Pain
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
I can relate to this thread, and I'm only 31.

Hit by a car when I was 20, middle of my back still goes out of wack every so often.

Broke my L5-S1 disc in half when I was 24 and had one of the two halves removed when I was 25.  I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy.  Couldn't walk for a month before and after the surgery (sciatica), right leg circumference ended up 4 inches less than left leg, got addicted to opiates, transitioned to alcohol and eventually dropped out of grad school, and lower back still randomly relapses every 6 months or so no matter how careful I am with it.  Guess those discs are important.

Right wrist hurts off and on.  I think it's a combination of a computer job + smart phone + fishing.

And then that silly catfish spine traversing through my leg, haha.  That one has actually been kind of fun.

Hoping for an injury free next 30 years!

That's some good stuff there that will catch up to you for sure Ben.  I've been bitten by a tiger, gored 3 times by antelope, trampled more times than I remember, Bitten by a big piranha, fell through a steel catwalk at a giraffe immobilization and fell 20 feet hitting every steel rung on the ladder, speared by 120# bat ray just missing my femoral arty and almost killed twice by Rhinos.  That's just the tip of my iceberg so my body is in full revolt!    I'm just hoping nothing eats me as I really don't want to be food for anything.  lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 02:26:32 PM »
That's some good stuff there that will catch up to you for sure Ben.  I've been bitten by a tiger, gored 3 times by antelope, trampled more times than I remember, Bitten by a big piranha, fell through a steel catwalk at a giraffe immobilization and fell 20 feet hitting every steel rung on the ladder, speared by 120# bat ray just missing my femoral arty and almost killed twice by Rhinos.

And that's just what happens in the bedroom!  :o

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 03:19:23 PM »

speared by 120# bat ray just missing my femoral arty

Got to witness that one ... dunno about all that other mumbo jumbo. Sounds more like a Dos Equis commercial ...  :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »

That's some good stuff there that will catch up to you for sure Ben.  I've been bitten by a tiger, gored 3 times by antelope, trampled more times than I remember, Bitten by a big piranha, fell through a steel catwalk at a giraffe immobilization and fell 20 feet hitting every steel rung on the ladder, speared by 120# bat ray just missing my femoral arty and almost killed twice by Rhinos.  That's just the tip of my iceberg so my body is in full revolt!    I'm just hoping nothing eats me as I really don't want to be food for anything.  lol

Tom, so that's you on all those episodes of "When Animals Attack"?  I thought I recognized that guy!

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
You are awesome Tom 8)

I'm now brewing up my thoughts on all my past injuries and near death experiences , will post later.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
Good lord.