Author Topic: Harvest Trip (11/16)  (Read 15364 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Harvest Trip (11/16)
« on: November 16, 2014, 05:25:44 PM »
Our goals today were to catch macks for shark bait (and bait for lingcod if we got the right size), Look for yellows/Bonito & go on a bottom fish harvest.

We got into macks and bones the minute we left the inlet!  We lost precious light because it was hard to leave biting fish and every mack we caught was another $2 in our pockets!   ;D

We ran out to the deep water spots and Steve dropped down some squid.  I started to Yo-Yo some iron and got picked up at 240'!  Not what I was expecting, but I'll take it!  3.9# Bonito :o

We finally found some biting deep water critters just to realize they closed for the season yesterday!  I caught 2 back to back beauties and we moved on after releasing them.

My next one and I realized we were on a Sculpin spot!

We made another move and found a bunch of willing biters of all types!  We got a bunch od assorted bass, rockfish and.... FUR BAGS!!!!   UGH!

We caught a dozen critters here before having to move on as we lost almost them all due to the dogs.

Next spot and we had some more quality action.  Up until this point, we had a steady pick of fish, but found some quality goats  to go along with some more bottom critters.

Big Treefish.

15" Sheep.

Talking to my buddy out there when Steve gets the JackPot fish hooked up!  Beautiful 6.5# Goat!

We got a few assorted Rockfish and other Oogly Gooblies before making the run home.  We stopped to use up some more squid when I started tossing the iron again and got another random Bonito!   What a great fight on the bass gear!

Ended the day happy even though it was not a complete killing.  Yes, I got a little spoiled this weekend!  LOL

Steve kept all of the 2 dozen macks for shark bait, and I kept the rest for bait and/or dinner. 

Great day on the water Steve.  We got our targets and next time will rake them in.

~Until next tide!  Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:23:06 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Trip (11/16)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 06:16:50 PM »
Those teeth shots on the bonito are rad.

Great day on the water. T shirt weather in mid November. Gotta love it.

You are king of the random bonito. Glad I got the biggest fish because I did more watching than catching. No matter, I had a great day.

Just need to turn those mackerel into some nice big fish.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Harvest Trip (11/16)
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2014, 06:19:15 PM »
Well done!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin