Author Topic: "back anchoring" in marginal sand..  (Read 1925 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
"back anchoring" in marginal sand..
« on: August 29, 2016, 09:47:52 AM »
Still waiting on joe to make that all terrain rod holder when the beach has minimal sand.

Last trip out took dozens of attempts before I got anywhere near a decent stick. So I tied a big swivel to some 60 lb line, ran it to the ice chest from the PVC to "back anchor the holder.

With the chest and tackle bag I have 2 anchors.

Jim

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: "back anchoring" in marginal sand..
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 09:55:52 AM »
I use tent stakes. Use a rock to drive them into the sand. Then just run paracord from it to your rod holder.  If you wanna clip the paracord to ur rod, just tie the end to a small climbing clip then clip it to your rod. Wrap a zip tie around ur rod a bit loose and clip it there.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 10:10:57 AM by Eric H »

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
I also bring a small gardening hand shovel, dig a 2 to 3 foot hole, put ur rod holder in it and cover the hole back up. Ur rod holder won't go anywhere. Only takes a few seconds.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 04:57:36 PM »
Still waiting on joe to make that all terrain rod holder when the beach has minimal sand.

Last trip out took dozens of attempts before I got anywhere near a decent stick. So I tied a big swivel to some 60 lb line, ran it to the ice chest from the PVC to "back anchor the holder.

With the chest and tackle bag I have 2 anchors.

Jim

Funny you bring this up now Jim, as I spent yesterday trying to wrap this damn project up. I'll try and post some pics up of what it's grown into but it has seemed to of taken on a life of it's own at this point and will need to be down sized and slim-lined a bit to be practical to carry down the beach more than a 100 yards or so. As of now it's nothing but a roadside usable model I only have given test runs when ive been close to my truck. But it does have dual rod capability and the ability to be extended upward enough to get your rod butts 9 feet above the sand. Yeah, so it's possible to get my 15 foot rod's tip 24 feet into the air if wanted which opens up the option of being able to run slide baits from the sand with the  steep angle that's created. Still needs some adjustable lighting added to it too. Looking at sand augers options as well.... 8) ::) :-\

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 07:10:36 PM »
Yeah, so it's possible to get my 15 foot rod's tip 24 feet into the air if wanted which opens up the option of being able to run slide baits from the sand with the  steep angle that's created.

I like this!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)