Author Topic: Bonfire night w/fam and peeps (07-30)  (Read 2430 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Bonfire night w/fam and peeps (07-30)
« on: July 31, 2016, 01:26:29 AM »
Had a little get together with some coworkers and I brought the wife and kids along. Brought the fire pit and some sweet construction leftovers. Bonfire was roaring and s'mores were being made.

Boys had a great time playing with the boss' kids. But, I also brought a long rod and a critter rod as requested by the crew. Squish for the long rod and shrimp for the critters. Didn't make any guarantees as salad was present and it was peak outgoing tide. Single squish and an 11/0 hook managed to hook a bat no more than 15" wide. Never even felt it on. Kids loved it though. Quick release, no pics. While rebaiting, the shrimp gets bit. A feisty sngf hits the sand. Boss' kid had a hoot reeling it in. 

Sweet! 2 casts 2 fish! Hell of a lot better than my last several trips! More bait hits the suds. Resulted in salad this time. F'ing sick of that. Clear the lines and send out another offering. Left the critter out, hauling in a bunch of seaweed was enough on one rod. Boss' husband hangs near the rods and comments on how the clicker would go off every once and a while. Had to describe what it would sound like when a fish takes the bait vs when seaweed is on the line. Less than a minute later, the clicker screams on the Fathom 40. I yell out, "now that's a fish!" I hand the rod to Hieu and let her go to work. She hands it back to me a few minutes later and said she's pooped. Lol!! I button down the drag a little more and put the hurt on it. Nothing huge, but it was a perfect size for the kids to marvel at.

I'm guessing high 30's, barely 40". Quick pics and release. Tide totally bottomed out and that was all she wrote + it was midnight. Time to go home. Great night! Kids loved it! I finally got into some action. Lol!! They can't wait to do it again and I found a new spot to really try and land something.

All tuckered out...

Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
Re: Bonfire night w/fam and peeps (07-30)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 11:27:54 AM »
Nice! Glad to hear that you got to show your work peeps some bats. Goes to show you that changing up locations every once in a while can change your luck.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:47:10 PM »
Wasn't Heiu catching big bats last year with you guys?

Nice Mike!  Steve and I fished the surf for only salad last night.  We should have hit the bay.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 03:34:15 PM »
I hear the bay has been dead as well. We fished the surf last night and that was a Hieu. She's got that fishing bug!! Salad rolled in pretty good, but we had a small window to fish.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:35:07 AM »
Outstanding my man, only thing better than fishing is fishing with family  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 06:02:02 AM »
My bad... I saw the beach fire and my brain altered what you wrote in my head for some reason.  I know CB and areas banned wood fires on the beaches, so automatically painted a bay picture.  I corrected the FB page for PS.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 05:22:46 PM »
Nice report!  :)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 07:54:22 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 07:24:06 AM »
The pics of the kids on the ride home is great, it proves they had a good time  8)