Author Topic: Equal Parts of Work and Play (7/20)  (Read 2197 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Equal Parts of Work and Play (7/20)
« on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:10 AM »
Well after an 8 hour day of work, it was time for equal amounts of play to even out the soul.

I met Steve at the beach to do a little small rod fishing before dark when the big rods come out.  We literally worked miles of beach over the next 3 hours for only a few small perch nibbles and a Sailor-By-The-Wind... with plenty of tourists...

We finally wanted to get some food and beer in us, so took a drive for a great burger and beers.

We ran back to the beach armed with liquid confidence that we would catch our quarry.  Conditions looked right...

We had lots of bait thieves and short bites, but we both managed to keep the skunk off an 8 hour day of fishing...

Steve was first to strike with a bat...

I missed a really nice bite, but redeemed myself on a big tough female leopard!

Once again, the timer went off and it was time to pack it in. 

8 hours of work and 8 hours of fishing does the body right... as long as I don't home skunked!  lol

I'm ready for this full moon to wash away the grass and kelp so we could get back to fishing for shark!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Equal Parts of Work and Play (7/20)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »
At least you didn't get swamped with weeds.
That leo is a beast!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 08:59:18 AM »
At least you didn't get swamped with weeds.
That leo is a beast!

We did get swamped with weeds as the evening moved on.  Hopefully it (weeds) will all go offshore and make homes for tuna and Dodo.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 09:12:51 AM »
The dodos would appreciate it as they are already in 3/4 day range. That leo is quite beastly!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 10:09:56 AM »
Got home at 1230 and crashed out. Alarm went off at 430. I turned it off and all of a sudden it was 525 and Tom's text woke me up. Fire drill to get to work by 6, but I made it pretty close. I don't even remember closing my eyes.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 11:16:30 AM »
Got home at 1230 and crashed out. Alarm went off at 430. I turned it off and all of a sudden it was 525 and Tom's text woke me up. Fire drill to get to work by 6, but I made it pretty close. I don't even remember closing my eyes.
I know that drill all to well...
over the years I've learned, if nothing else, to make sure any bait blood and guts is washed off and out from my fingernails/tips  :o

and Tom, you should ask for some sales commision from Google/Nexus... I dumped my iphone and bought a Google/LG Nexus6x based solely on the pics I saw that your phone can take....they sold me. As soon as I get used to the android op system I'll be really happy.....
JOE

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:38:36 PM »
Nice leopard there, those things are feisty  :)