Author Topic: When the shore pounds back.....  (Read 2623 times)

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
When the shore pounds back.....
« on: June 15, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »
found the window of opportunity I like for jumping around the rocks of our coastline. Actually a day late, but still doable. Worked several areas throwing the LC FM 190, yes a 190 its big but they like it. Also threw the Salt Pro Minnow. Great conditions at grey light and had two big calicos hooked up in the first hand full of casts, but the hooks pulled on both. I bounced around to different area finding a lot of smaller calicos willing to bite the hard baits. The swell was building and made the usual rock hopping and wading out to spots difficult. I was knocked down a few times by rouge sets. Had to put the bass rod away and break out the long rod to get out past the sets. I hooked up on a few quality bass and lost a few more better grade to the pounding surf. Mad my last move and was slammed on the first cast. It didn't hook up and was getting hit on the retrieve until a small school of yellow started blowing up on my salt pro. hooked up. fought the little dude in and was knocked down again while waiting for a wave to wash the fish to me. It washed up and I was stoked to see my second Yellow Tail of the year on the beach. It was a day to remember. not so much for the fish caught, but for the pounding I took getting to them. A little sore and banged up but no worse for the wear.

Crab stuffed Calico on a bed of grass

One of the better Calicos that made it ashore.

Mr. Yellowtail that put me down.  Some bigger ones in the mix, but didn't take the bait.  Bad Pic my wet phone went on zoom and I didn't know it until the fish was released.

All fish CPR
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: When the shore pounds back.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:37:08 AM »
Freaking Incredible!
Toad calicos and another yellowtail!?
You sure got paid well for all that hard work!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 10:18:41 AM »
That looks slippery.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40:17 AM »
That looks slippery.

Ohh it was.  and the grass laid down I couldn't really see if there was a big hole under it or when wading I couldn't see the big rocks and was falling all over the place.  I need to make some shoes with spikes on the bottom.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
Nice, another YT from shore is awesome. Do you lose a lot of gear in all of that structure? Be careful out there.
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »
I might want a surf yellow now....  So many fish, so little time!

Nicely done, Chris!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »
Nice, another YT from shore is awesome. Do you lose a lot of gear in all of that structure? Be careful out there.

I loose swim baits with lead heads alot.  the hard baits get stuck,  but If I cant pull them free I let the surf wash them off.  Works every time.
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:40:23 PM »
I might want a surf yellow now....  So many fish, so little time!

Nicely done, Chris!

So true Tom..
GET OUT AND GET BIT..