Author Topic: No Help 6/12/16  (Read 1418 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
No Help 6/12/16
« on: June 13, 2016, 12:25:46 PM »
Spent the weekend at the horse show. Walked at least 8 miles back and forth back and forth daily.

I intended to fish Saturday night but the couch and a beer sapped my motivation.

I resolved to motivate Sunday and was released from duty early so I hit the sand.

Checked out a new spot. When three test casts came in loaded with weeds I dplit.

Location number two looked clean but proved to be somewhat weedy as well. I decided to stick it out. Not too bad, maybe I have been spoiled lately.

Several baits in and I get a nice run. Straight pull and came in quick. Had it pegged as a small male bat right away. Didn't feel the need for a pic.

Soaked a few more baits and get another screamer. Felt weird. Straight pull, no slaps, but more of a rhythmic surging.

Landed it after a medium fight and found a nice bat hooked in the wingtip. The hook basically fell out when I pulled it.

Snapped a quick pic, then a wave came and washed her back in for a slime free release.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: No Help 6/12/16
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 12:56:45 PM »
Last week spoiled everyone with the flat weed free seas.  This week looks to ruin everything.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
"Slime free release"  8)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
This looks to be a Mission Bay kind of week.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)