Author Topic: LA COUNTY DOUBLE GRINNERS!  (Read 5296 times)

EdgarP9

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
LA COUNTY DOUBLE GRINNERS!
« on: June 06, 2016, 12:44:11 PM »
    Howdy guys ! Me and Seanzy have been putting in a lot of time lately , you folks down south make us sick (in a good way) ! So inspired by all the crazy reports and action put up lately on this board , we've been on a SERIOUS mission with only one thing on our minds (LA COUNTY GRINNERS)!  Yesterday was an EPIC night! As USUAL Seanzy is the one that gets the first REAL take ,
 Sets his circle in the perfect spot , and boom ! In no time Sean was rewarded with his first ever Soupie , and a pretty respectable model that fought VERY VERY NICE , with multiple long runs ! (55-65" being the closest measurement).
After all the excitement calmed down and Sean got another bait in the water , he was immediately on another fish which he lost just as fast as he hooked up because of his loose drag ... Bummer ... but ohhhh well we know they are here , and actively on the CHEW!
Next up was one of our friends that got bit instantly after recasting his bait , the fish comes to the surface and does a beastly thrash on the surface and starts peeling , i check his drag and it was tooooo lose , i knew the fish was going to pop off because i was sure the hook wasn't buried where it was supposed to be ... Shortly but surely that is exactly what happened .

Noooow , I'm sitting there all bummed because i can't get a bite for the life in me !!!! Just when i think about changing my bait , i see Seans rod go off again , Sean Buried the Hook GOOD and the tug of war was on , this thing was a BEAST it thrashed on the surface like crazy then peeled off a 100 yds like nothing , then the unthinkable happens , his line goes loose ... He reels up only to find out he lost the beast because of a BAD CRIMP !  ohhh well , can't win them all ...

It was about 1 am , I only had one big mac left and a couple dines. I decided i would cast the Giant head on my heavy setup , and the giant tail on my lighter setup . I get the baits in the water , and buckle up for the wait . We decided to give it 30 more minutes and bounce. About 10 minutes into our wait my heavy setup gets absolutely slammed ! I pick my rod up , reel in the slack , and the fish was on but swimming towards me , I Button down my drag on the fathom , and start reeling like a mad man , then KABOOM ! Big 7 thrashing on the surface ! Once i felt the weight on this girl i knew she was BIG ! She powered out about 100yds on her first run , and took a shorter run when she got close in . About a 5 minute battle and i have her close up , Seanzy goes in for the grab and we barely drag her a foot or so for unhooking and pics .100-105" of MEAN AND PISSED OFF 7! This fish was redemption for a smaller one i lost yesterday due to catching a giant kelp paddy.

Tight Lines!
    PS-heres what a Black Seabass bite looks like !
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:52:57 PM by EdgarP9 »

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: LA COUNTY DOUBLE GRINNERS!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
Just Stop It!!! You guys are way to hot for your own good  :D...LA Soupie , nice! I was less then a mile south of you guys last night, same hours and all I could get to touch my baits were crab & lobsters. ???
Whats all that white stuff in the one 7 pic...sorta looks like regurgitated squid but then it looks like there's a piece of it being used as a tail rope??
JOE

EdgarP9

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 01:09:28 PM »
Just Stop It!!! You guys are way to hot for your own good  :D...LA Soupie , nice! I was less then a mile south of you guys last night, same hours and all I could get to touch my baits were crab & lobsters. ???
Whats all that white stuff in the one 7 pic...sorta looks like regurgitated squid but then it looks like there's a piece of it being used as a tail rope??
JOE
Heya there Joe , we met fishing with Verne , there was a weird carcass of something right where we landed this beast , there is a little bit of the tail rope you can see also. Lets hook up soon, and we will share our little secret spot with you ;) .

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 01:25:49 PM »
Y'all are on a ridiculously hot streak. How long was the contract with the fish god you sold your souls to?  ;D

Looks like the 7 was puking out it's stomach. Gotta watch it and get them back quick.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:33:12 PM by spideyjg »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 01:38:58 PM »
LA is firing up and representing!  Congrats guys on the firsts and it's about time the grinners started invading the LA Beaches!

BTW, Hamburger hand is too real when lipping big blacks in the surf!  LOL
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 02:02:18 PM »
Wow, what a great night of fishing! Congrats you guys!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 02:20:24 PM »
Congrats.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 02:33:52 PM »
Once again my men, WTG!!! 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »
I see tail rope!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Glad to see it catching on ...  :P :P :P :P

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Wow!! Lol, tail rope is the way to go! That's a thick 7!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

SurffishingSean

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Damn we are finall getting into some action! cqn't wait to get some more of these surface trashing toothy beast! After looking at the magic list i noticed soupfins only up to 79". Kinda wished mine was measured as it seemed about 6 feet in the pic. Took me a bit to drag that 100" 7 gill on the sand. I feel like the smaller ones are more dangerous. LEts get em again Edgar ;). yeh Tom that Black sea bas hamb urgered my hand lol

shoresurfer

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 05:36:09 PM »
Nice post.
Great catches.
I can not wait to get out again.

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 07:36:15 PM »
 Awesome sharks guys  :o :o... Level Up...Bing!  8) 8)

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
Damn we are finall getting into some action! cqn't wait to get some more of these surface trashing toothy beast! After looking at the magic list i noticed soupfins only up to 79". Kinda wished mine was measured as it seemed about 6 feet in the pic. Took me a bit to drag that 100" 7 gill on the sand. I feel like the smaller ones are more dangerous. LEts get em again Edgar ;)
OK, what are we gonna see next out of you guys from the sand this Summer? Any of these will surely impress  A. Thresher B. Hammer C. 15# Yellowtail D.40# Hali E. 40# W.S.B. F. 20# Ling G. The Tax Man  :o

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2016, 10:22:43 AM »
I hate you guys, in the friendliest of ways :D! Congrats, and more over an extra congrats on producing your own spots and putting LA on the map!