Author Topic: Morning Surf Session (11/8)  (Read 3308 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Morning Surf Session (11/8)
« on: November 08, 2014, 12:55:46 PM »
I had a few hours to kill and was torn between topwater fishing the little bay or hitting the surf.  The surf was so small, I decided to go that route.  I was also going down to meet Dave at Fishermen's Landing tackle sale for a little, so I had to make it quick.

Lot's of tiny bites early and a killer moon-set to set the mood.

I couldn't get anything to stick and it was looking grim.  I set my timer to leave in 15 minutes and my mack chunk got bit! 
Not a huge fight, but it was a legit 4# calico. 

I contemplated eating him, but set him free since I was heading down to the landings for a bit to buy some tackle.

It salvaged my day, but not much fight on a bass that size when I was using a stick for critters 20x his weight or better.   ;D

Tomorrow I hit the small rods... unless I decide to hit the big pond for a chance at a yellow.... so many decisions!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Surf Session (11/8)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:56:20 PM »
Not a bad skunk buster....even on the heavy gear.

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be hitting the surf nice and early. Hopefully it produces something worthy of a report.

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: Morning Surf Session (11/8)
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 08:29:53 PM »
Nice lil checker bass... Haven't got a call back from my message earlier... Guess I'll b at ur spot on Tuesday I'll try n save u a fish or two of ur lol lucky lmfao  8) #pui