Author Topic: "El Nino 50% weaker now vs. 4 months ago"  (Read 2391 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: "El Nino 50% weaker now vs. 4 months ago"
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:26:05 PM »
I knew it was weaker a while ago. But still more rain than the previous years as mentioned.

What im curious about is what kinda summer we're gona get? Consistant super hot days or or up and down temps. I hate the heat but want it for offshore reasons.

I know of a couple killer rock quarries that will be bone dry by the end of this summer. Sad for all those bass including double digit ones. Ive actually thought about saving them and tossing em into a local larger body of water.

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 05:10:01 PM »

I know of a couple killer rock quarries that will be bone dry by the end of this summer. Sad for all those bass including double digit ones. Ive actually thought about saving them and tossing em into a local larger body of water.
Alot of our SoCal quarry holes,especially the deeper pits, draw most of their water from the underground water table, not storm run off. If there's no obvious inlet from a natural drainage it's most likely the bottom of the feeder pit is below the water table. From that pit they'll use a pump system to fill whatever other pits they need it at for at the time for the excavating & sorting process its necessary for. So they might allow some of the auxillary pits to dry up by not pumping into them but the main feeder hole probably can't unless the table level drops that much for an extended period. I know the Irwindale pits are table water filled.
JOE

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 05:38:20 PM »

Alot of our SoCal quarry holes,especially the deeper pits, draw most of their water from the underground water table, not storm run off. If there's no obvious inlet from a natural drainage it's most likely the bottom of the feeder pit is below the water table. From that pit they'll use a pump system to fill whatever other pits they need it at for at the time for the excavating & sorting process its necessary for. So they might allow some of the auxillary pits to dry up by not pumping into them but the main feeder hole probably can't unless the table level drops that much for an extended period. I know the Irwindale pits are table water filled.
JOE

have you seen the irwindale area pits lately? they are insanely low. if your up for it lets go. ive got experience with all of them. Great info btw, I did not know this...