Author Topic: same story different fish 3/26  (Read 1928 times)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
same story different fish 3/26
« on: March 27, 2016, 07:42:49 AM »
The day prior I hit VC in two different spots that produce only to have the conditions get the better of me. The plan was to stay there 2 days but left the same night considering the wind swell was gona hold through the following day.

So here I am at the catfish place searching for the 20 plus pounders. The place is just concrete filled with water so theres no structure to key in on.

Same spot tossing out maks.

Got picked up after a half hour of soaking. Turned to my gf and told her it was a good one. She grabbed the camera, pliers and digital scale as I was working it to the boat ramp. Slid it up and was surprised it was to see it was just this

It put up one hell of a fight. Weighed in at 7.6lbs and super fat. Not sure if it was preggo or just fat.

Back in the water it went and I re baited and waited.

The next one up was this 10.5lber

The hook was fairly deep but not quite deep throated, I flipped in out fine without hitting any "important throat parts" but he turned into a bleeder. This ones probably gona go which I was bummed about but at least it will get eaten and not go to waste. Gona go back to circles...

Fished a total of 2 hrs and left for the night.

These are fun im really trying to break 20lbs. Theres some 30 plus ones in here I know of too. Every week its the same thing. My spots consistent but theyre usually to 10 lbs. Im thinking about hitting a new spot next time out. Again theres no structure to key in on so its kinda like a shot in the dark. Next time im gona bomb one bait out to the middle of the lake and keep the other near the shoreline.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:55:18 AM by Eric H »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: same story different fish 3/26
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
You got a little King Kat in your blood, Eric!  Nice cats!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: same story different fish 3/26
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 10:34:51 AM »
Awesome man. Take 2 rods. 1 with that mack head out far. And the bass gear in close. Have the gf tend to them. ;)