Author Topic: 10/23 Cuyamaca Report  (Read 3688 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
10/23 Cuyamaca Report
« on: October 23, 2014, 03:02:18 PM »
Got to the lake at 6 am. It was freezing out. So cold that i couldn't move my fingers to tie a knot  Laughing

I have been looking forward to this trip all week since I've been so busy with work and school. Normally I have all of my gear and tackle packed and ready the night before. This was not the case this time around. Get to my spot and realized that I forgot some essentials in my truck: Net, stringer, and a few other little things...

Tried a few different spots without any luck. Saw a few guys catching but it seemed pretty slow. I make one final move to the dike (never fished this side of the lake before) and was rewarded with a decent sized trout. In my rush to the lake I forgot my net in my truck....fortunately a man walking by just as I hooked up went down on the rocks and netted my fish for me. What an awesome dude. I hope he got his limits today.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 10/23 Cuyamaca Report
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:23:35 AM »
Nice one boss!  Even those fins look nice and crisp.

It looks like I need to pull out and tune up the trout gear.  Something about trout fishing that brings me back, love it.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 01:09:24 PM »
That does look healthy. Congrats!

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »
Thanks guys. It was fun to pull on something with the ultra light gear. I love fishing for the bigger stuff with heavy line....but it's so much more nerve wrecking when you fish with 2-4 # line.

Here's another shot of the same fish: