Author Topic: SNBF-IX The VC Edition  (Read 2782 times)

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
SNBF-IX The VC Edition
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »
Well with most of the troops at the beach we had a slow night. My buddy, Mrrodda, and I hit up the harbor after the surf pushed us off our small beach. My buddy managed one 41, Mrrodda managed a 42, and I thought I had it with a massive 31"er. I don't have Mrrodda's pics but here are the other two! Fun none the less, we also missed two more!

Great meeting you all who operate in the AO. Next trip is a VC Gill Get Together!!!!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:54:26 PM by SevengillTheVC »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: SNBF-IX The VC Edition
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
Great stuff guys!  Now that the bat fight is past us, it's time to start hunting the grinners again if the surf allows us!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 12:05:58 AM »
Even though I wore the stripe all day, it was great meeting and finally fishing with you guys!
Hope to share the sand with you again soon Adam, Joe, and Jeremy.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 05:22:25 AM »
You guys did well, congrats   :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:59:48 AM by vdisney »
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 07:56:00 AM »
Sure had a blast even with the little action we had.  This is pic is from late morning when I thought I was going to win it for VC, LOL. At least it got the adrenaline pumping  ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:46:31 AM »
Sure had a blast even with the little action we had.  This is pic is from late morning when I thought I was going to win it for VC, LOL. At least it got the adrenaline pumping  ;D

That is a killer shot there!  Did you land that one or did it get away?  Sometimes I get smaller model bats with the attitude of a much bigger one and vice-versa. 
 8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 01:21:16 PM »

That is a killer shot there!  Did you land that one or did it get away?  Sometimes I get smaller model bats with the attitude of a much bigger one and vice-versa. 
 8)

I did not land it  >:(  I didn't even see it!
It could very well have been a pissed off 30" on roids LOL.
When my rod doubled over and I set the hook I thought it was snagged since nothing happened and it didn't move.  I Walked up and down the beach to free it to no avail.  So I let the line go slack to see if the surf could possibly unsnag it.  After about 5 seconds something took off on a blistering run toward the channel islands!  I kept tightening the drag but it pulled probably 200 yards off easy before it stopped and headed south.  I tightened the drag until my feet were sliding across the sand  :D
I gained some line and lost some line for about 10 minutes, then it got into some structure and busted me off  :'(
When I reeled all the line back in, the last 15 feet or so were pretty shredded.
Can't wait to do it again!!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 01:25:24 PM by xjchad »

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
Nice bendo shot chad, bummer about the lost fish.