Author Topic: Another Team Meeting Down at the Bay (4/25)  (Read 20 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Another Team Meeting Down at the Bay (4/25)
« on: Today at 08:01:12 AM »
This will probably be my last after the day I had, but the fun parts were fun at least.

I got down early to set up.  Homas was bringing $150 in chicken, lamb chops, and beef for kabobs.  He's from Afghanistan and really cooks up some killer kabobs!  Probably the best I've ever had so I was looking forward to it.

Set up complete and rods in the water.

A front was moving through which made for some killer scenery.

I get a text from Squatch that the Oceanside Peir is burning and I felt really bad for him since that was his go to peir spot.  Such terrible news and I was hoping it wasn't going to burn into the sea.

I decided to cast a swimmy around since my bait rods were quiet and a lot of bait was popping.  I picked up a few nicer bass almost immediately!

Then the guys showed up.  Homa saw me releasing a bass and hook into another.  He came running down trying to prevent me from letting it go as he wanted to grill it up, but I acted like I didn't hear or see him and threw them back anyway.

A couple of them were real slugs and legal bass!

The gangs all here and except for noone bringing non-alcoholic beverages, we were ready for some fishing and bonfire.

I made it perfectly clear that keep your drinks low, but they are good at looking the other way with cans, but NO GLASS!  That's an instant ticket...

Well, as I was fishing, they had this big bottle of whiskey sitting right on the table.  I saw one of the guys throw it under the table and looked up to see the cops walking down to them.  They were issuing a ticket, but said They'd only issue one and save us from 5 more that could have been written, but they wanted someone to write the ticket to.  Well, it was like everyone started getting all squirrelly and the cops were getting noticably annoyed.  I heard the conversation as I was walking up and just said, here's my license.  They could tell that I was falling on the sword for the guys and they decided to take it easy on me by issuing a traffic ticket for failure to observe signage or something like that.  $140 ticket, but it didn't come with an alcohol violation on my license so they spared me.  They had us dump the bottle and took off. 
Only two guys offered to pay his share of the ticket while the others (who I never see) said they'll get me back another time (which was totally a big lie).  Irritated Tom came out and had to explain that I warned them and they did it anyway so I wasn't going to hope to get my money from them before I left since I'm sure I'd never see them again.  Well, everyone chipped in and now I have a traffic court ticket I need to pay for what that's worth.  It really took away from my jovial attitude.

Then all I heard was about them closing our site down and it was inevitable....  I tried changing the conversation to something more fun, but they were hard wired to talk about work crap.

Finally the police started to make their rounds to kick people off the island and I finally got a bite on the bat ray rod.  Only issue was it looked like it was right out of the womb...  Tiny... and got me with it's stinger which added to the pain and I was ready to get home.

On the way it was one lane traffic all the way.... thus not improving my mind...  Then I get home to the garage door not opening.  I squeezed by the boat and went in through the side gate and saw the springs were busted and the cables snapped.  I tried using the emergency release, but it was STUCK and would not open at all.  Now I had to take one thing at a time out of the truck, squeeze by the boat and bring it in the garage all one at a time.  Well, that was my tipping point.

It wasn't a good night and probably my last "Team Building" bay session.  Oh well....  I'm pretty numb about things nowadays.

Well, I have to get on the horn to a garage door guy here now.  I don't want to be packing for the Bat Fight by having to squeeze by the boat when loading the truck.

Thanks for reading and the sleep did me well.

Otherwise, I fear the bats are not back there so not sure what to do for the Bat Fight tomorrow.  Maybe it will all work out and Tim will catch the winning bat!

Thanks for reading my rant! lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Another Team Meeting Down at the Bay (4/25)
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:46:21 AM »
Those guys don’t deserve to work with you.
Thanks for the reminder to bring a cup for my coronas. Got a free 12 pack and figured bat fight was the place to use it.

At least the garage door broke on a day that was already sh!tty and didn’t ruin another perfectly good one.

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:56:46 PM »
Damn dude, when it rains it pours..................bummed for you
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:32:47 PM »
Ouch, that Chit only happens on a Monday, hope some better luck comes your way !

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:48:29 PM »
At least the garage door broke on a day that was already sh!tty and didn’t ruin another perfectly good one.

Good way of looking at it. Can't see that as anything but a sh!t day myself. Brush that one off and start again.