Author Topic: Voodoo and a Howling Squatch (2/9)  (Read 2896 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Voodoo and a Howling Squatch (2/9)
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:02:05 AM »
I don't remember the last time there was a surf window on a day I could fish to see what was out there.  Steve and I hit the surf and it felt great to cast out in the big pond for a change.

Only issue was most of the baits were coming back surgical.  A few were chomped, but not a single screamer all night.  I was just telling Steve that I thought someone had a voodoo doll of me because I couldn't get a break lately and I've made peace with Karma a long time ago.  Well, hanging with Steve might have passed the torch to him.

He reeled up a round ray, so was on the board, but tried to shake him off with his pliers and Whammo!  Stuck him in the finger!

The night was over at that point and only a round ray was caught, but Steve did not like the passing of the baton between poison Oak and being jabbed with a sting ray again.  I hope it heals quick Steve.  Thanks for taking the Voodoo juju from me.  I feel better already!  ;D :o 8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Voodoo and a Howling Squatch (2/9)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:11:08 AM »
Was there even sand to put a spike? From some of the surf cams it looks thin to zero in many places.

Heading up tonight to see what happens for me. Bringing my small surf rod to target potential bait.

Sorry to hear the tagging Steve. Did you save it for shark bait later?

Jim

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 06:42:18 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you got stung Steve. Bummer that your set of skills ended up with a round ray. Lol
I got skunked out last night aswell.
Took a lot of walking to find a spot with enough sand for the rod holder, way to much cobble stone.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:24 AM »
Sorry to hear Steve got stuck, just a reminder to all of us...............be careful out there, not matter how experienced you are  :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:35:51 AM »
Guh ... that sucks Steve. Heal up fast.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 09:09:37 AM »
I'm sorry to hear you got stung Steve. Bummer that your set of skills ended up with a round ray. Lol
I got skunked out last night aswell.
Took a lot of walking to find a spot with enough sand for the rod holder, way to much cobble stone.

Saw that when I finally hit the suds at 10pm last night. I was on a mission to put some meat on the table since my mom will be in town this weekend. I hit the Soup and went left for the "safe" zone. NADA.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 10:25:03 AM »
Plenty of sand on the beach we fished. Got a little sketchy as the tide came in. Thankfully I was incentivized to head home.

I stopped at the nearest 711 for a cup of hot water to soak my finger in on the drive home. It helped a bunch until it cooled off. Resumed the soak when I got to the house. Pretty sure I scalded the bejeezus out of my finger with the hot water because the actual injection site is barely visible. It was just the tiniest nick.

Pain seemed about the same as the bat ray sting except confined to one finger instead of the whole foot and leg. Packing it in and hitting the road was definitely the way to go.

xpoc

• Shovelnose
  • Amat Victoria Curam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 01:58:50 PM »
Well, looking on the bright side it wasn't close to either A. Privates B. Major arteries.

Could have been much worse!

BAT FIGHT!!! SD4TH3W1N 2016

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 03:46:57 PM »
Sorry about the sting :(

That's the way it's happened to most of us too; a few beers and a little guy you don't want to hurt so you try to shake them off with the pliers...
Anybody have an emergency beer?

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »
Those damn rays! Heal up quick man!