Author Topic: Dixon Again 12/20/15  (Read 2156 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Dixon Again 12/20/15
« on: December 20, 2015, 02:47:01 PM »
 Thought maybe the rain overnight would liven up the bite. Nope.

Grabbed a spot near where I hooked up yesterday. Tossed out some power bait and started casting around. Kastmaster, spinners, mini jigs, a tiny rattle trap, trout worm on a jig head. Used everything at some point during the day.

About 45 minutes after I got there, three guys in a rental boat anchored three feet from the shore just opposite me and proceeded to cast around. We only got tangled twice in three hours. Not too bad, really. Funny to rent a boat and anchor one step from shore.

They started watching fish do loops around them but couldn't get anything to bite. I heard them say one had a white roostertail hanging from its mouth. Told them if they hooked up I wanted my spinner.

Finally after two hours anchored, one guy had to pee. Instead of stepping out of the boat and using the Caseys in the parking lot, they pulled anchor and headed to the dock. Cool.

I launched a power bait to where the boat was and soon hooked up my only bite for the day.

Didn't see or hear of any other fish caught, but I stayed put and didn't see too many other people.

Hope I can do some salt water fishing pretty soon. At least one bite soaking bait is a little more exciting.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Dixon Again 12/20/15
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 05:45:45 PM »
Well congrats Steve.  I have yet to even get a trout bite this season!

5-7 foot swella are ruining my boat plans this week.  I need to get out for a last rockfish haul and maybe a lobster trip.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

greyhoundfan

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
Nice Steve!!  People at Wohlford did the same thing, kind of boxed in the shore guys.  We got tangled up a few times too. 

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »
No common courtesy there at all. There in a boat, they should be "yielding" to you. I've casted into boats in the past to give them the idea.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 04:31:52 PM »
It bothered me a little for awhile. You cast cast shore to shore in that spot and I've seen it more crowded with shore fishermen. Adopted my pier attitude and just fished. Mostly thought it was funny to rent a boat and anchor three feet from shore and fifty steps from the parking lot. It did feel good to get my fish from the spot they left though.