Author Topic: Dodo caught off of a pier?!! Maybe...  (Read 16748 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Dodo caught off of a pier?!! Maybe...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:34:43 AM »
Tried to find mention of dorado from the pier, but my eyes glazed over. A little early I guess.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 10:18:26 AM »
Tried to find mention of dorado from the pier, but my eyes glazed over. A little early I guess.

Ocean Beach Pier — Rosalie at the pier’s bait shop reports that the biggest news lately was the catch of some dorado from the pier. I am trying to confirm the catch via additional information and/or pictures. Stay Tuned. Not in doubt is that there have been good numbers of both bonito and mackerel and although a few people are still fishing the bottom for halibut and sharks, the main attention is obviously on the top action. She says some barracuda are also showing up, usually in the evening hours. How To Get There: From the north, take I-5 to the Sea World Dr. exit and follow it until it turns off to Sunset Cliffs Blvd. From the south, take I- 5 to the Nimitz Blvd. exit, then follow that road to Sunset Cliffs Blvd. Follow Sunset Cliffs Blvd. to Newport Ave., turn right and follow the road to the pier parking lot.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:04:57 AM »
Thanks for sorting through. OB is a long pier. I would not be surprised at dorado making it into the area. Especially with all the life there now.