Author Topic: 9-23 Tube Report (MB)  (Read 17111 times)

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
9-23 Tube Report (MB)
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:22:44 PM »
Hit MB this morning with faster u fool. It's been a looooooooong time since I've had my float tube out. Surprised it still floats  :o.

Time: 0642-0833
Weather

Wind: NE at 0-5 mph, 66 Degrees(F) Mostly Cloudy and Dry, Barometer Unknown
Sunrise: 6:37 am Sunset: 6:44 pm
New Moon, 0% illuminated
3rd Quarter Moon a week ago, 1st Quarter Moon in one week
Moonrise: 6:06 am Moonset: 6:25 pm

The scientist in my likes to keep a detailed log of all my fishing trips. I started off logging everything and then got lazy....now I'm back at it.

Anyway, as of recently I've had an insane desire to catch halibut....and nothing but halibut. I want to be a halibut catching master on artificial lures. So, for the entire day today I drop shotted a few different baits. Chris on the other hand, tore it up on spinnerbaits and the 'bama rig. I managed 3-4 good sized spotties on the 7" bait I was drop shotting. My fish were all about 16" while Chris caught a bunch of fish....some small, a lot decent, some big.

Funny thing is: He wasn't targeting halibut but still caught one. I was targeting halibut, and didn't catch one. Noted, and recorded in my log book. Interesting how things work out sometimes.

The one pic I took today:

« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 07:24:24 PM by MASSfisher »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: 9-23 Tube Report (MB)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:36:33 AM »
They're back in the tube and crushing the bass!  It's nice to hear that Chris got some time off from his 80hr work weeks to squeeze in a little fishing.  :o ;D

Keep up those condition reports coming when you post up.  It's nice to correlate them with what you got.  8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

MASSfisher

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: 9-23 Tube Report (MB)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 06:55:14 AM »
They're back in the tube and crushing the bass!  It's nice to hear that Chris got some time off from his 80hr work weeks to squeeze in a little fishing.  :o ;D

Keep up those condition reports coming when you post up.  It's nice to correlate them with what you got.  8)

Yea, can't think of a better thing to do after a crazy work week than slay some bass.

The real thing I want to look for is quality of fishing related to water temperature. Unfortunately, I can't find anything that provides this data. I might have to invest in one of those fancy fish finders things lol