Author Topic: Closures and more closures!  (Read 16401 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Closures and more closures!
« on: June 18, 2015, 09:18:37 AM »
The east coast is losing its mind.  It's Manhattan Beach on a bigger scale.  Apparently they are closing beaches and piers to shark fishing in VA and parts of NC.  I'm not 100% sure of the validity in this but have heard from some of my east coast friends.

As I ranted on the PS FB page, I was sent this from LiceScience by someone.  It is not eye opening for fishermen, but it's amazing to me that people have this little of a clue.  I mean, if you point a gun at someone... you know what a gun is for and that there may be bullets in there.  When there is a fishing line out... well, there is a hook at the end of the line (unless you are Taylor and just like casting weights out into the sand and not even in the water)  ;D   ...Sharks?  They have sharp teeth and eat big things?  Do you think?  Even people who don't know usually watch shark week, but then again... Discovery treats them like bunny rabbits.. ugh....

Enjoy

http://m.livescience.com/51218-shark-attacks-north-carolina.html
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Closures and more closures!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »
I wouldn't doubt that it would happen. Once people are in "perceived danger", "public safety" trumps fisherman's rights.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)