Author Topic: Turd Chamber  (Read 1988 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Turd Chamber
« on: February 10, 2021, 05:51:53 AM »
 About 22 years ago when we added on to our house I had to install a new septic tank (1500 Gallons )  and leach field ( 500 feet ) Because of the layout of the house and elevations, the tank lids are about 3' deep. I left them exposed and covered them up with some timbers I had laying around so Nobody would fall in the hole ( especially me  ;D ) Since I have it pumped every 3 years it was safe and easy access for the Stool Bus ;D

The damn gophers and squirrels seemed to always find a way to tunnel and plow dirt back in the hole and I got tired of digging it up, so it was time to install risers and be done with it ;) I put the flange down with mastic and installed the risers and lids, poured a bit of concrete and began to backfill.

I need to haul more dirt with my skiploader to finish backfilling and remove the timbers and it will give me more planting space in the garden, I guess today is a good day to finish up and it will be good therapy for my hip ;)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Turd Chamber
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 06:04:22 AM »
So that's your fertilizer for all your bumper crops of corn, peppers and tomatoes???   LOL

How's the hip doing with you working in the skip?
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 06:20:13 AM »
How's the hip doing with you working in the skip?

Not too bad, just awkward to get seated cause the Gannon controls are between the seat and gear shift and I have to twist my leg a bit to get on and off the tractor

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 08:39:54 AM »
No wonder your gardens are so lush, your secret ingredients!  :o