Author Topic: Thursday surf soakin (7/23)  (Read 3156 times)

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Thursday surf soakin (7/23)
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
Had the itch for a while but the storm kept me outta the surf til Thursday. And the mods don't like anyone else's company so willis and I rolled down to the pier Thursday round 545 to see if the bonita were bitin so we could soak some primo baits round sunset. Maid 3 bonita and a phat mack between us when we could poach a spot on the good side when the flurries happened, hot bait was the LC which produced 2 bonies at a time during the best flurries, and the bubble & feather that would almost always get slammed when they were eating. Willis got 3 bonies on CRig Rapala and I got the mack on a sabiki. Got to the sand round 745 as the sunset a  few mins later. 2nd 20 min soak in I get a slack line bite and reel in a wiggler on a fresh mack tail I soaked twice.

Hooked in the tounge and she leaked like a sink but swam away strong and fast.

2 soaks later willis hooks up to a freight train on a chunk of bonita. Screamed off 80yrds in bout 2 mins b4 the hook popped, came back with a blunt tip... most likely a bat hooked in the mouth plate. He was pissed for a few mins, never under stand how it happens but it does... what can u do. Keep at it.

Maybe 30mins later I get bit on a mack chunk and have a screamer on for maybe 30-40 secs b4 same $h!t hook pulls and I think the new braid I jus spooled on my new coronado buried into itself on the initial run. And I wasn't sure how tight my drag actually was as that was the 1st fish I'd hooked on it. Made a few adjustments to the drag and hucked a phat bonita chunk out and within 10mins I'm bit again. Straight freight train run pretty much put the guessing out and 5-6 mins later I had a decent bat on the hard pack.

We gave it one more soak after that and both got chewed up but nothing stuck. Not a terrible night but left me wanting a grinner. We'll be back out there on monday, hopefully with fresh bait again, talks of a yellowtail landed and dodos being hooked on weds were all the buzz on the pier, so a few live macks soakin from the pier wouldn't be a bad idea, while waitin for swimmers to leave b4 prime time from the sand. The crowds are only gonna get worse when the heat finally kicks up, but the fish are active, every bait we sent out got chewed up or was gone when retrieved.

Rastafar-gone B)<==*~~

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday surf soakin (7/23)
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »
Fun night! What pier are you getting the bonies at? If you don't mind sharing...
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »
Thanks for sharing! Some useful Intel there ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »
Still a very nice session man, I gotta get out soon. Bin weeks for me!

faster u fool

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:30:16 AM »
love it
GET OUT AND GET BIT..

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 01:47:40 PM »
Anti social curmudgeons.

Nice fish.

TRON

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 09:24:50 PM »
Yeah Rasta!! Looks like you guys had a good time... I gotta rig. Let's get at the bay soon?

j.rasta

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 06:53:15 AM »
Felt good to get out and have the waves and hard pack at my toes. Couple fish were a nice bonus even if they weren't the main target. rollin back out tomorrow so I'll  hopefully have something toothy show up.

@Troy lemme know when ur available and we'll get some baits soakin! U got my # B)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 08:00:53 PM »
And the mods don't like anyone else's company ( I like quiet and solo sessions... I don't get either too often )
(

Looks like you gouged her eyes out! LOL

Nice session Josh!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2015, 12:39:10 AM »
I'm not a Mod ... will fish with you anytime Josh ...  ;D ;D ;D