Author Topic: SD Bay 10/19  (Read 2125 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
SD Bay 10/19
« on: October 19, 2022, 05:46:49 PM »
Took a non-fishing friend out on SD Bay today to catch up a bit, haven't seen him since May or so.

Launched about 0800. Not a lick of wind to start. Headed toward the bridge from Pepper Park.

Had some frozen ghosts to burn off, so started with that. Drew decided before the first cast that he wasn't gonna fish, more bait for me. Was hoping for a steady critter pick but also knew it might be tough because we're right on top of a half moon phase.

First cast, hooked up. Drag was still set for storage at less than a pound, circle hook didn't catch, lost it. Felt like a dink bass and first cast curse sucks anyways!

Got another bite right after, then nothing for a bit. Headed to the South Bay and got a couple short biters. Switched to the gulp jerk shad and quickly shed the skunk. Shortfin Corvina, species #117.

Farmed something right after. Then quiet. Looked for the flamingo or some turtles and couldn't find either. Ended up farming 4 and landing 1. Next time I'll leave at home the rubber hooks.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Re: SD Bay 10/19
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2022, 03:37:52 AM »
Awesome Jeremy, a corvina is my bucket list
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 06:35:32 AM »
Hey!  There it is!

Congrats on the Corvina, Jeremy!  I can't remember if you also got your bonefish yet?  If not, they're there for #118!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 03:24:26 PM »
 Nice day on the Bay, rubber hooks get the blood pressure up ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 04:38:06 PM »
Hey!  There it is!

Congrats on the Corvina, Jeremy!  I can't remember if you also got your bonefish yet?  If not, they're there for #118!

Haven’t gotten a bonefish yet. It’s been on the short list. I figure I’ll cruise down there semi-regularly through the fall and winter searching for them along with other funny critters. And still no corbina for me! 17 years since I first got into surf fishing and no beans….