Author Topic: New toy  (Read 6144 times)

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Re: New toy
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 10:27:37 PM »
The seat isn't Adjustable.

@patty, not sure what you mean, the set ups are perfect for fighting.

Guess I should sh!t my mouth:) it is all relative i suppose... How many inches from but to seat center? cause im too lazy to look it up right now😜😜
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2015, 06:26:51 AM »
The seat isn't Adjustable.

@patty, not sure what you mean, the set ups are perfect for fighting.

Correct you are Eric.  Talking to Nick at Breakaway they built tourney rods for years.  Then they made some internal changes to their blanks and developed the LDX and HDX rods for fishing.  Denny landed 2 bats over 50" on my LDX, even with the kid "high sticking" the rod held up.  You did good.................. 8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2015, 06:57:32 AM »
Breakaway started out building on all star blanks. All star stopped making them and either sold the rights to Batson or Batson made really close copies of the blanks. Around the time they switched to Batson blanks they came out with the LDX (2005 ish time frame?) and then within a year or two they made the HDX and added a tournament butt. Breakaway was never known for tournament casting rods. They had capable rods but thier main focus was long distance FISHING. It takes  completely different blanks to throw 5oz lead 250yrds than its does to launch 5oz lead and bait 120- 130 yards.

The tournament butts changed the outlook on breakaway and when they sent an HDX tournament style rod to a well known caster (might have been Tommy farmer I can't remember) and he gave it a high review they were in the long cast tournament game.

I know Nick has always been interested in distance casting and used some of his rods but his company has always leaned more towards long distance fishing. Atleast since I first talked to him in 2004/2005.

Now Batson doesn't make any decent surf blanks and I'm not sure who they use. They still offer thier custom line with most of the same specs.
Keep it tight