Author Topic: Something Mendacious Is at Foot (3/13)  (Read 2012 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Something Mendacious Is at Foot (3/13)
« on: March 14, 2023, 06:54:47 AM »
Seeing more rain is on the way, I decided to try the lakes again since they just had their last plant of the season and the rains are coming back with a vengeance.

I get down to muddy water once again.  I haven't seen these lakes clear in a few months as all the runoff in the upper lakes drains all the sediment to the lower ones. 

I tied up 2 floating crawler rigs and forewent the power bait this time.  I had my trout dip, so hopefully that would let out the scent needed to finally get one. I even used two varying lengths of leader to see at what depth the trout were actually swimming at.  I KNOW there should be trout since they did back to back trout plants...

Like usual, it was quiet.  I stalked the shoreline to look for trout at the edge, but it was so muddy, I couldn't see 2" down.

As I was sitting in my car in a trance staring at my rods, I saw the indicator bobber drop and then shoot up and the line was singing!  That got my adrenaline up!

It was running all over and I felt this one was a bigger trout for sure... but it never came to the surface which made me pause in my enjoyment.  I had the drag tight as you could get on 2# test, and it still managed to take close to 10 minutes to get it in.  With the water so muddy, I had no idea (or my hope for it to be a trout was so great it overrode my "factual" part of my brain saying it was most likely a big cat.

Well, I finally got it to the net and it was a FAT cat!  I'm pretty sure there was a trout in that belly.

I wanted to get a measurement since it was a pretty big and even nice-looking kitty, but I was not in a mood to be surrounded by a gang of kids so I snapped a few shots and let her go.

Well, no trout once again but it was really fun reeling in a ~6# cat on 2# test.  I suspect they are telling everyone they are stocking trout when in reality they are just stocking cats, or at least that's my theory on why I keep catching cats when I'm trout fishing.  lol

Well, I'll get one of them sooner or later.  I might have to try again today after work.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
Re: Something Mendacious Is at Foot (3/13)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:43:00 AM »
nice pu$$y cat
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2023, 02:10:20 PM »
Good looking cat, as far as cats go!

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023, 08:20:29 PM »
 That place sure does mess with you, makes for great reading ;D  It is just a matter of time till the ''Lake Record'' is in one of your reports ;)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 04:52:47 AM »
Can't imagine wrestling that one on 2# test   :o
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect