Author Topic: Tight Window 3/14  (Read 1253 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Tight Window 3/14
« on: March 14, 2023, 05:09:31 PM »
Personal life is pretty ridiculous right now. Driving my lady to work until she’s figures something else out. Works to get me on the beach some mornings but can’t take the boat out. She has Tuesdays off though, and the weather was looking bad until last night when it seemed like I could fish a little before the wind and rain would come up around 11am.

Launched at 0730. Wanted to look for whitefish and sheep. Forgot to hunt down some snails so whitefish and bass…

0820 pulled up on the first spot. Idled with an LC on the bottom while I sonar scanned for whitefish schools. Got bit on the LC quick by what felt like a keeper but farmed it. Dropped it back down and pulled up a 14.25” turd, not legal enough for me so CnR.

Dropped down the squid on dropper loops once I saw some marks, pulled up another short turd.

A couple medium-large pods of dolphins came through. Not much bait showing itself today, ran up on a couple schools but not nearly the mass I've been seeing as of late.

Moved over a little bit and picked up a legal and bagged it.

Then it was on. Hot bite on whitefish for about 30 minutes. Bagged 6 before it turned into a pick bite and all I hooked were 3 more skrilla dinks.

It had been sprinkling for almost an hour and the wind was supposed to come pretty hard with the rain. Wind still had yet to come up but headed further inside for a shot at bass before coming in. My phone screen was wet and I couldn’t manage the Navionics GPS at all so I took a blind stab at driving to where I thought my stones were. Started idling into the area and saw lots of scattered marks and drove over one of the biggest stones. Feel pretty darn good about finding it blind.

Also felt good about trying and succeeding in finding some new whitefish spots for my bag of tricks. Total for the day was 3 sand bass, 9 whitefish, 1 sanddab.

Wind never came up but was more than wet and miserable enough to call it a day.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 09:36:10 PM by jrodda »

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Tight Window 3/14
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2023, 08:23:20 PM »
Nice window, Whitefish are pretty tasty 8)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 04:58:55 AM »
As always, great write up.  Thanks for sharing
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2023, 06:31:08 AM »
Wow, nicely done on the whitefish, boss!  I swear the whitefish that were so prevalent down here just disappeared, or Skrilla was out harvesting again.  He has a knack for whitefish when yellowtail fishing.   ;D

Nice harvest once again!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BenCantrell

• Leopard
  • catch all the species!
    • View Profile
    • Ben Cantrell's fish species blog
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 01:36:04 PM »
Dinner! Nice haul for the table. :)