Author Topic: Starting to worry  (Read 2228 times)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
Starting to worry
« on: July 31, 2023, 05:17:41 PM »
Taking the new boat out, you know I'm a little gun shy.  The volt meter on the dash which is brand new said 12v at 2500 rpm.  Being a old school mechanic, I'm used to 13.7 to 14.2 for a healthy charging system.  This morning I put the ears on the engine and a volt meter on the regulator, wanted to make sure the dash gauge was accurate.  From there I put it on the battery posts, measured 12.9 climbing to 13.4v, felt much better.  Must be some resistance between the batt and the dash gauges.  Feel comfortable enough to take it out tomorrow, just have to believe there is a 2v difference between what the system is doing and what the gauge says.  Hopefully we catch some fish   8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Starting to worry
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 05:25:59 PM »
Get sea tow. Just in case. Been towed in on a bunch of boats. Beats the hell out of getting stuck.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2023, 07:11:43 PM »
 Yeah, Boat US is like AAA on the water and for $200 a year it's cheap insurance/piece of mind. Good luck fishing, I'm going out Friday 8) 8)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2023, 07:57:14 PM »
Get sea tow. Just in case. Been towed in on a bunch of boats. Beats the hell out of getting stuck.

X2

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2023, 04:02:13 AM »
I bought TowBoatUS before I ever put it on the water, hoping I'll never need it  8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2023, 07:32:37 AM »
I bought TowBoatUS before I ever put it on the water, hoping I'll never need it  8)

Steve's been towed in with me a bunch of times.  At an average of $2,000 a tow for local waters, I figured I made out for over $10,000 in tows over the year!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.