Author Topic: Tuesday Night Soak (1/18)  (Read 2056 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Tuesday Night Soak (1/18)
« on: January 19, 2022, 05:06:22 AM »
Surf was still up a bit and the chopped salad has been an issue, so Squatch and I called it before even going down to the beach.  I needed a fix and needed to get out of the house, so I went to Santee Lakes to try and get in on the big trout stocking they had late last week.  I didn't hear much about the tagged fish or the 8 pounders they released so I was hopeful.

I saw most of the pelican's were on lake 4, so that's where I decided to set up.  Soon as I got to where the pelicans were, they took off and I watched them slowly swim around the lake.

As they got near my lines, my powerbait rod doubled over!  Fish on!  I grabbed the rod out of the holder and he was gone... ugh....  Reeled in a squished power bait and no idea how the treble hook didn't stick...

Just after I recast, I saw the birds looking awfully hard at something in front of my rods!

Then my floating nightcrawler rod doubled over!  I was only 1 step away from grabbing the rod and the line went slack... UGH!!!  Missed another!  Reeled in the worm and all the air was squished out of him, so I put on some fresh baits.

I saw some fish surface, so I threw a bobber and worm out to them, but no takers.  Triple d!cking the next 2 hours lead to a big old Santee Lakes skunking, which is quite normal in my experience.

Anywho...  that was it.  The Ranger kicked us out and I went home to a nice dinner and bed.  Now, here I am again at work with a pile a paperwork with about a thousand sticky notes attached.  Ugh....

Well, thanks for reading.
Until next time, Peace.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday Night Soak (1/18)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2022, 06:30:03 AM »
Pelicans are worse than Bananas !

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 09:35:35 AM »
Good getting out, too bad about the skunk but looks nice out there.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 03:25:09 AM »
Trip down memory lane Tom, been probably 50 years or better since I used Powerbait or a bobber................... 
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect