Author Topic: Jeep Stuff  (Read 1311 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Jeep Stuff
« on: October 27, 2023, 08:59:40 PM »
 Weather has been funky so I have been focused on getting the Jeep (Stubby) ready for this coming Desert Season. 1st thing that was costly after it's $4K visit to the shop was new tires, it desperately needed them ???

Next was to get rid of the old stereo, it didn't have Bluetooth. Nothing fancy, just a basic Kenwood 8) Added 2 new speakers to the soundbar as well :)

Other than a cup holder, there isn't an ideal spot for my phone so a rail system and a Ram Mount was ordered from good old Amazon ;D

Since Amazon is so easy, I ordered a Backpack for the spare tire and a Tow Strap, gotta start collecting Recovery Gear now, start with a basic strap ;)

So yesterday I'm out looking at my tires and I see a bolt laying on the axle housing  :o

Threads were jacked up and upon further inspection I see the Track Bar isn't connected .....How does this even happen ??? ??? ::)

Easy fix, just got a new bolt, washer and nut and reinstalled everything 8)

I'm sure there will be more expenses, it's almost 30 years old but I'm up for the challenge :)

J ust
  E mpty
  E very
  P ocket

Have a great weekend  8)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 09:38:43 PM by Tim524 »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Jeep Stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2023, 08:03:48 PM »
You have a Jeep and a boat.  You'll be broke by the end of the year.  hahaha

Good looking desert ride though!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Jeep Stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2023, 09:58:22 PM »
Nice upgrades to it. My Volvo has absolutely drained my pockets with steering issues and I have another repair coming up on the horizon. Feeling the pain of $4000 repairs with you.