Author Topic: Ninja sesh 5/28  (Read 3316 times)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Ninja sesh 5/28
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:38:52 PM »
Needed to feed my bass craving so I headed out to one of the local rock quarries.

I arrived at my destination, walked across the golf course, hopped the fence and made my way down to the waters edge.

Noticed a steep sloping rocky drop off leading to deep water. I casted parallel to it and got nailed by this guy

Continued walking/casting parallel to shore and saw alot of bass.

I picked up 3 more about the same size which ultimately popped off. It finally dawned on me to check my hooks. yep sure enough they were pretty dull.

Sat down and switched them out. I looked up and saw a black and white on the top of the hill coming in my direction. He stopped right above me and I heard " come on up here buddy" on the loud speaker.

I made my way up the hill and walked to his squad car. We had the typical discussion on how im not supposed to be here and how I could receive a citation and or go to jail. They asked if I had a fishing license which I handed over. The officers were really cool and even called me an asshole jokingly for being a nice guy. One of them stated that theres a lot of fish in there which I then agreed with him and explained the action I just had. I shot the sh!t with them for a bit and was off on my way ticket free.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:41:40 PM by Eric H »

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja sesh 5/28
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 06:18:16 AM »
I would expect that a ninja wouldn't have been caught!  LOL

Glad it all worked out for you Eric and nice bass!  Bummer about the few lost ones, but that one looked chunky!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 07:59:17 AM »
Sounds like a good spot, nice LMB!
I've had a lot of interaction with LEOs in my life.  Whether I was in the wrong or not, I've always been friendly and respectful, and always been treated the same in return.  More often than not I've been turned loose with just a warning also.   8)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 09:58:08 AM »
Same here.

I started sneaking into ponds 14 years ago. Been kicked out a ton of times and had direct contact with law enforcement 5 times.

Always been cool with them and I got the same in return. Never been cited once.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »
Nice session man...that quarry can be hot with cops tho, allready had my share of running for cover there lol

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 02:22:15 PM »
Nice session man...that quarry can be hot with cops tho, allready had my share of running for cover there lol
I have no doubts there's some double digit bass in there. There's a lot of food in there for them. There's another spot closer to me that's pretty good. Did well there last time, it's just hard to get into. As you know there's lots of other options here...