Author Topic: Bust-offs!  (Read 1988 times)

Castmaster

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Bust-offs!
« on: June 21, 2015, 12:32:59 PM »
Yup, yesterday was a day of bust-offs!  Went solo on the small pier and there's no way I could haul haul a big model nor could I use the dehooker by myself.  My plan was to lead the fish towards the rocks where I could go down and pull it up and unhook it.  As planned, I hooked up and I could tell this fish was big as it was peeling line despite the heavy drag.  I was able to lead it towards the direction of the rocks just when I thought everything was working, it busted my line.  Sucks.  Just then, I got a call from my buddy to join them at the beach.  So I went, and launched my first bait. It was a huge mack head.  My buddy thought I was using a head of a bonito.  It was that big.  Not even 20 minutes on the soak, my rod went bendo, it's on!  I was stoked, and having an awesome time fighting the fish knowing it's going to be easier to land it from the beach.  Whatever it was we knew it has to be big to inhale that huge mack head.  And then, pop!  Another bust off!   That's about it, sometimes, the fish wins, and we get owned.  Videos of the bust-offs

https://youtu.be/Dum55Mi3KsE

https://youtu.be/nJyEfZvkB80
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 01:15:58 PM by Castmaster »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Bust-offs!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 01:50:31 PM »
I've had a few fish beat me. Don't like it much, but it happens.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »
Just gotta up the ante maybe on line! I know I had my fair share of snappages before I started using steel leader.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »
Happens to all of us dude, you'll get 'em next time................V
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 07:29:57 PM »
What others have said... With that, I switched lines and have a ton of confidence in it now.

Bummer boss... It will make the next monster you hook that much more worthy! I feel your pain.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Castmaster

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »
Thanks fellas!