Author Topic: Timeshares  (Read 1940 times)

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Timeshares
« on: January 14, 2023, 01:54:02 PM »

Got roped into a timeshare sales presentation with Villa Groups. Honestly thought it was a solid deal. What they didn't understand was I have no money in the bank, way too much credit card debt, no time to take advantage of their 2-4 weeks' travel offers, and overall should have cancelled the trip to PV if I knew what was good for me. Also wasn't about to invest in a resort in Puerto Vallarta on Day 3 of being there, when we had been run ragged by cold sales pitches and a 9 hour guided tour into a different state to taste a little coffee and get sucked into zip lining against our will for a couple hours straight, all while on a surprise awkward double date with an old couple, the wife of which is allergic to limes (why are you in mexico?). I will almost certainly go back to Puerto Vallarta, having a better idea of where everything is and what tourist traps to avoid, but a lot more places to explore before I know exactly where I would like to come back to every year. Gonna do some research on timeshares and figure what group offers a good, possibly diverse, group of options where I'd want to go, and won't be scammy or nothin'.

Anyone have experience with timeshares? I was talking with a couple people already who have one, a couple with the same timeshare group that was presented to me.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Timeshares
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2023, 06:52:07 PM »
 I always hear horror stories about Time Shares, I've listened to a couple of their BS promotions as well. I would save your money and stay away ;)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 05:23:04 AM »
I always hear horror stories about Time Shares, I've listened to a couple of their BS promotions as well. I would save your money and stay away ;)

Agree with Tim
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 03:24:29 PM »
Yeah, I never heard a good thing about time shares and the happiest days are when someone pays a lot of money to get out from having one.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 08:30:34 AM »
If they have to give away a free trip and other sh!t to get you to listen it cannot be a good deal.
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)