Author Topic: Rainbow Trouts Limits At Palomar Mountain 6/27/15 AM Report  (Read 2656 times)

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Just received the good news of a recent trout stock up at Palomar Mountain. Since I have never been up that way before, I thought today was a good day to try and start. Arrived at opening time and I'll tell you. It wasn't what I expected. Lots of moss and weeds everywhere, but the scenery was nice and there wasn't to many people to speak of. No wind and over cast skies made it  a nice morning. That's just like the way I like to fish usually. Had my Shimano rod tied with 4# test and brought my lure that always has worked for me in fresh water. Roostertail (Bright colors) got it at Walmart for like $2.50

For bait we had meal worms and also used a bobber with earth worms. My friend and I went to it and we got hooked up pretty fast. I got a nice stick on the roostertail and my friend did well on the worms. Nice little fight with the rainbows. It was just weird for me casting 4# test as I'm so used to So Cal Surf Fishing. Didn't take to long to adjust but did get my first limits on Rainbows. First trout I have caught in So Cal period.

Here's the pics.

A scenic shot.

more scenery

First Rainbow Trout.

more trout.

The carnage. Double limits!

The feast.

It was a good morning and something I would like to do again. Another hidden treasure that was fun to enjoy.

thanks for reading and good luck out there.

Joel

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Rainbow Trouts Limits At Palomar Mountain 6/27/15 AM Report
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:33:37 PM »
Damn, Nice Joel! I've never been up there before but now have the urge to go.
Great looking meal also!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Sharkinthedark II

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
Definitely some good lookin' vittles from the country shore Joel😋

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 07:31:11 AM »
Nice limits 8) I went there as a kid back in the 70's and now I live 20 minutes away and haven't been back :o It's a great place to take kids ;)