Author Topic: Double with a 76" - 6/18/15  (Read 7169 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Double with a 76" - 6/18/15
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
Hey guys its lg troy.. fresh on the scene and need help! I need some ideas on some lower budget surf rod and casting reels .. I'm looking to fish for some soupfin and seven gills off the beach.. money's tight. Basically looking for something that will just get the job done!. Where's my beer.. please shoot me a text next time you guys go.. and thanks for the rig I'm still trying to figure it out, not sure how twist or tie the wire before crimping.. any info on anything would help youtube vids websites ext... thanks

As far as rod and reel go, a 12' spinner and reel with some capacity on it is a common set up for sale on some of the boards.  Many times you can get both under $100 and sometimes even $60.  It would at least be a start to get some time in and some techniques down.

As for the steel leader rigs, we have a few links on the tackle board.  Here is Sasquatch's set up.  Well written and informative besides being easy to tie up.

http://prehistoricsoul.com/forum/index.php?topic=193.0

8)
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

TRON

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 09:08:03 PM »
What's up guys it's troy.. I got a long rod.. 12 ft ugly .. now I need a reel... any ideas for a good reel that last? Conventional reel.. I'll be using 40lb mono any suggestions is appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 09:16:30 PM by TROY BOY »

Castmaster

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
Awesome!  Gotta go on a night session one of these days.