Author Topic: Hemorrhaging Fish Too 11/2/21  (Read 1936 times)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Hemorrhaging Fish Too 11/2/21
« on: November 03, 2021, 10:17:59 AM »
Sorry for the delay. Imgur won’t upload from my phone and my work computer won’t let me into my email.

Checked the surf on Monday and I swear it said 1-2 but Tuesday it said 3-4. WTH?

Anyway it was good we settled on the spot we did. It was fishable with just a little weed in the big surf.

Tom showed up after I did and set up on the wrong side of me. I saved some space to fish the hole I spotted while it was light. Did I say anything? I’ll leave that up to your imagination.

We spent the rising tide catching weeds and changing baits that were chewed down to nothing but bone and skin.

Tom’s light stick went airborne a few times but he never connected with it. Mine just wiggled as the critters stole my bait.

I reeled in a -1 while Tom was baiting up and his attention was elsewhere. I slipped that thing into the surf and kept my mouth shut. Later I found out Tom had done the same thing. Can’t remember the last time we hooked even one and now 3 in 2 outings? It’s a plague.

After the tide turned I got a nice bite that came in quick. A nice leopard hit the sand.

Not long after that I got another smaller model.

Tom’s light stick kept flying but his rod never bent. Found out he lost a lobster in the shore break though.

We hung around awhile longer but that was it.

Tom took a great pic of my bigger leopard. I try and put it up later.

Next week we can start earlier. Can’t wait.

Here is the pic

« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 03:22:01 PM by sasquatch »

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Hemorrhaging Fish Too 11/2/21
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 11:42:40 AM »
Funny you guys were hiding the -1's from each other successfully. You're right I can't wait for daylight savings if just for the sake of making those "No parking after 10pm" spots a little more reasonable to fish.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 11:52:55 AM »
Funny you guys were hiding the -1's from each other successfully. You're right I can't wait for daylight savings if just for the sake of making those "No parking after 10pm" spots a little more reasonable to fish.

Come further south.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 04:49:27 PM »
Nice leo Steve, it's been forever since I've caught one.................congrats
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 05:56:06 PM »
Steve 1 Tom 0, nice win!!!
2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 07:41:23 PM »
I like it 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 04:56:44 AM »
I should have known.  I saw you in a spot you normally weren't at and that damn current trough put me a little too far on the wrong side of you.  I can't say much because I was getting Leo bit, but I think I was burying the bait too deep in the hook.  I'm running out of bait thread, so time to get some more.

I wound up with only a lobster and a -1...  Damn 4 hours of fishing and only in the negative.

Still, it feels good to return to the regular fishing on Tuesday Night.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.