Author Topic: Halibut And Sweet Redemption 11/21/15 AM Report On The LC  (Read 1927 times)

HalibutJoel99

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
Halibut And Sweet Redemption 11/21/15 AM Report On The LC
« on: November 21, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
I haven't really fished that much in the past month or so. I did go out last weekend to the harbor and lost a big fish on a Gold Kastmaster. Completely my fault. The hooks were rusted out on the KM and when I hooked the fish the hooked snapped right off.

All week long at work I couldn't get the picture of losing that fish out of my mind. Knew it was my fault. Last weekend I said to myself I will be back for this weekend and better prepared.

Last week I snapped casted my LC off and it felt like nothing was going right. Used an old KM and the hooks broke off. Met up with Ray this morning at the goon and he offered to loan me a brand new new LC 110 Electric Grunion. What a cool guy. Thanks Ray. I did have a new KM ready to go too.

Ray couldn't meet up at the harbor later, but I was on a mission to get that lost fish back! Stopped at PCBT and got some new line. New line, new LC. I felt confident and on the first cast WHAM!!! Fish on!

I didn't have a gaff and no measuring tool with me. Drag runs galore, drag was set just right. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz looking for a landing zone as I'm fighting this nice fish. Picked a flat rock and kept the line tight.

(Sorry, conditions were just epic this morning. Barely any waves, a lite on shore breeze with a dropping tide).

Finally after a 20 minute battle I got the fish on the rock, opened my spool so i could have some slack and tail grabbed and then bear hugged the flopping Halibut. I was very lucky today for sure.

I was very happy to get this nice fish on such a greta morning to fish. Thanks for listening and here are some pics. 27.5 to 28 and after it was weighed at PCBT 7.6 pounds. A morning I will never forget.

Here are some fish pics.

Also got this shortie as well.

Not the best measure shots.

It felt really nice to get dialed back in. Thanks for reading and good luck out there.

Official weigh in pic. 7.6 pounds. Kept it for a nice pre thanksgiving taco feast.

Lines tight! Thanks again Ray! =)

Joel 8)

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: Halibut And Sweet Redemption 11/21/15 AM Report On The LC
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 01:35:11 PM »
Lucky lucky you lol

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:19 PM »
Beautiful butt there Joel!  You are on a hot streak!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:20:26 PM »
Once again Joel, chu da man.................. 8)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect