Author Topic: 1980's Gym Class Dodge Ball  (Read 10 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
1980's Gym Class Dodge Ball
« on: Today at 01:32:15 PM »
I asked my boss about if I should be coming in with the "Rona" or not since all of the guidance from our company seemed to be out of date.  His response was "I'll set up a meeting for us about it" and I never got a meeting request.  I masked up and went in just to get shoveled out and told to go home.  I get home to get on my computer about the big company announcement... and.... They are shutting our TRD site down.  That means I only have 3 months, 6 months or possibly a year left.  I won't know until later this week.

I was going to put up a third and final post right now, but I may just go down to the puddles, grab a pint, and Blow the "Rona" out in the fresh air while waiting for a whisker Trout to bite.

I'll get up the finale later today.  The last 3 days have been 1980's Gym Class Dodge Ball...
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: 1980's Gym Class Dodge Ball
« Reply #1 on: Today at 03:17:38 PM »
Woof. That sucks. Hope it’s enough time to find the next and hopefully better thing. Seems like this job has been a sh!t show start to finish.

Good luck on the muck trout.

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:24:24 PM »
Oomph. I’ve been dealing with a similar story over here as well Tom, so I feel ya.

Last June, my company of 18 years decided to outsource 330 IT positions. I found out about a month ago, that my position was going to downsized. I only found out early because my new outsource company had a IT position that needed filled for a different project. So Luckily, I was able to switch to this new project. Downside is now I have a 55 mile commute to/from work instead of a 2 mile one. It’s taking some getting used to an extra 2.5 hours of commuting everyday, but at least I’m still getting paid and have my benefits and some time to continue looking for a closer job. I’m also considering trying to move out of this “sh!t show” state and move closer to my family in PA.

Been a rough month or so with horrible anxiety attacks about being unemployed. 

KogaHead

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:58:40 PM »
So is the company moving the work out of state?

Kalifornia is a sh!tshow and very expensive to do business in.

Several friends in the Kommunist state have experienced the same thing and left.

Hopefully you land on your feet.

P.S. Stay out of Arizona, we have enough of you Kalifornia motherf@ckers here.

2024 Prehistoric Soul Football Champion
(Tom & Jeremy Suck!)

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 07:19:17 PM »
No, the company isn’t going anywhere, they have business units across the US, they just transitioned pretty much all the remaining IT positions to an outside company last year. Honestly, I believe it was in preparation to more downsizing that is coming. One of the perks of outsourcing and transitioning employees to an outside tech company is saving on severance for every employee they might eventually lay off. So far at least I’m still working, the commute just leaves a lot to be desired now. Will hang out at this new position for awhile to pad my resume with different IT exp while I monitor the job markets.