Author Topic: OC Register - California Sportfishing League  (Read 1419 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
OC Register - California Sportfishing League
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:16:20 AM »
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/bartlett-744715-great-beach.html

Well, it's out...  and the California Sportfishing league picked up the story.  Man, I'm pretty much sure I've had two shots at GW's over the years, but couldn't seal the deal.  This is just incredible what he's done with a drone.  Amazing.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 06:18:49 AM by Latimeria »
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
Re: OC Register - California Sportfishing League
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:30:05 AM »
We've got to be really careful with this, looking at the comments scares the heck out of me. There are tree-huggers with the usual whinny posts about how cruel we are, but there are also some posts about how the population is out of control and the government needs to do something to protect swimmers. The amount of ignorance on both sides is scary :(

I suggest that we all be prepared to act as ambassadors of our sport and be prepared to educate both sides when we encounter them on the sand 8)
Anybody have an emergency beer?

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: OC Register - California Sportfishing League
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 08:36:17 AM »
We've got to be really careful with this, looking at the comments scares the heck out of me. There are tree-huggers with the usual whinny posts about how cruel we are, but there are also some posts about how the population is out of control and the government needs to do something to protect swimmers. The amount of ignorance on both sides is scary :(

I suggest that we all be prepared to act as ambassadors of our sport and be prepared to educate both sides when we encounter them on the sand 8)

I agree Chip!  I'm guilty as anyone for jumping to conclusions and speaking before I think it through. 
I've only been doing this for a year or so now, but it's quickly become my favorite hobby.  I'd hate to have it spoiled.