Author Topic: Just got back with a Special Prize!  (Read 53 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Just got back with a Special Prize!
« on: May 11, 2024, 04:52:15 PM »
Wife got sick three days ago and really bad.  Then I got it from her....  We're home now and trying to unpack and get stuff together.  Today is my wife's official 50th birthday and we're too sick to celebrate. 

Did a COVID test and both positive.  I realized that I couldn't smell the fesh cut flowers I got for my wife and then I stuck a stinky flip flop right up to my nose.  Can't smell a thing.  Neither can my wife...

We went above and beyond while out, but we heard a lot of sick people in the resort...  I really hope I get my smell back.  I'm really bummed without the sense of smell....

I'll check out all of the posts and catch up this weekend.  I have a lot of sorting to do.  lol

Cheers
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
Re: Just got back with a Special Prize!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2024, 05:30:52 PM »
Oi. Hope you two recover nice and quick.

My sense of smell is apparently lacking....Alicia wants compliments for perfumes and food fragrances and I pretty much misidentify every "note". I stuck a marble up my nose when I was in elementary school so maybe all I can smell is that.

And happy birthday to your wife!!!

skrilla

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2024, 08:58:54 PM »
Feel better soon you two.

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:52:33 AM »
Bummer Tom, hell of a way to end a vacation.  We've been lucky, no one in our 'pod' has gotten Covid....................fingers crossed
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Today at 06:14:21 AM »
Ouch, hope you bounce back quickly !

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:05:43 AM »
Wife is finally feeling a little better, but I'm good one minute and in bad shape the next.  Pisses me off that 5 or 6 of the 14 days of vacation I used were spent resting/healing.  I'm going to try and get a day or two back and use as a sick day, but I'm not even sure I have a job anymore since I refuse to log into my work computer until tomorrow.  lol

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:08:53 AM »
Bummer Tom, hell of a way to end a vacation.  We've been lucky, no one in our 'pod' has gotten Covid....................fingers crossed

It's a weird bug.  The worst thing for me is the loss of smell.  I didn't realize how much smell factors in tasting food and my just overall senses.  I'm ready to shake this thing...

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 07:33:02 PM »
My wife's birthday was on Saturday and Mother's Day on Sunday, so I wasn't sure how things were going to go with us having the Rona.  My wife was a little bummed after spending 1/4 of our trip sick and not being able to celebrate the birthday and MD.  My daughter decided to take it upon herself to cheer up my wife.

When she woke up on her birthday, my daughter made her a cool little birthday morning.

Then, since we usually go to this Mexican Brunch every year and couldn't this time, my daughter had an idea.  I ordered in Mexican food (delivered) and my daughter came out playing mariachi.  It really made my wife's weekend!

This all makes me happy too. 

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:41:27 PM »
Also, this loss of my ability to smell anything sucks!  I whooped up a batch of heavy smoke trout filets today and couldn't even smell the smoker bellowing out smoke.   :(