Author Topic: New Boat  (Read 1505 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
New Boat
« on: August 15, 2021, 07:21:06 AM »
  So I am ready to buy another boat, The Ass Rack is just too old and too small, plus I want to explore open waters with comfort and confidence. I kind of fell in love with a Nautic Star hybrid boat and I am ready to pull the trigger but not sure on the size yet. The 231 is great and the 251 is awesome but there is a big price difference. Should I go big or go home, or stick to the basics and keep it simple ?  Is the 2' worth the price difference, or just more boat to clean ? Comfort and fishability is a priority but hopefully you boat guys can tell me what to look for or stay away from in that respect. Sometimes bigger isn't always better but don't want to outgrow a boat either. Any input would help, thanks.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: New Boat
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 08:49:32 AM »
The 231 is great and the 251 is awesome but there is a big price difference. Should I go big or go home, or stick to the basics and keep it simple ?  Is the 2' worth the price difference, or just more boat to clean ? Comfort and fishability is a priority but hopefully you boat guys can tell me what to look for or stay away from in that respect. Sometimes bigger isn't always better but don't want to outgrow a boat either. Any input would help, thanks.

It all depends how many people you plan on taking.  The 23 should be totally fine to handle what you need, but if you are juggling the idea, those extra 2' are nice to have.  To make your decision harder, even though those two extra feet are nice to have, you could probably get all the electronics and extras for the price difference.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 10:02:13 AM »
Not that I have experience with that size boat, but I’ve heard tons and tons of info to suggest you will be totally fine with the 231. 18’-20’ boats are doing all kinds of things off our coast these days so as Tom said, pimping the 231 with electronics sounds like it could be the way to go.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 01:41:13 PM »
 That was my thought too, Pimp out the 23 and save a few bucks, most of the time it will be just myself and the twins, unless Tom still has motor issues then he can tag along and show me his secret spots ;D ;D. Thanks for the input  8) 8)