Author Topic: Waxing Boat Instead of Fishing  (Read 1889 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Waxing Boat Instead of Fishing
« on: May 18, 2022, 08:10:09 AM »
Surf was right about annoying height and right after a full moon meant probably lots of grass.
My new motor finally made it to the shop, so now I have to wait until June 7 for the install so I'm slowly getting the boat ready for the new powerplant.  Waxing the boat is a real pain in the ass the older I get and I keep finding little things I need to fix. Oh well, but I'm about 80% complete with waxing, so I'm on the final stretch.

Has anybody been out fishing? Anything including skunks? This is nuts....
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Waxing Boat Instead of Fishing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 11:59:15 AM »
My dad went surf fishing with his Senior Angler's Club yesterday, nobody caught anything but grass and sea weed   ::) They we're at The Soup Kitchen, but salad was on the menu ;D

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 05:50:36 PM »
Sounds like a hoot!

I went out Saturday on the Mosquito for scraps, reporting it kinda got away from me, but I’ll put it together later since you mentioned it.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 07:15:06 PM »
And on the topic of surf fishing, the sandy local beaches have been void of hope for a while when it comes to sharking. Gas prices are keeping me from exploratory trips out to Laguna and beyond. And a now very hectic personal life is keeping me from putting time on the sand after work. Replaced my Avet MXL on my shark rod with a JX last month for more drag but haven't used it yet.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2022, 07:46:46 PM »
Well, hopefully when you come down in June, we'll turn the luck around!
Thanks for reporting Jeremy!

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2022, 08:34:10 PM »
I hit the surf last Saturday and Sunday. Skunked on Sunday but on Saturday landed 4 13-14” calicos 1 smelt and snagged a sardine on an LC. The sardines were thick enough for about an hour at grey light that I could feel the LC hitting them 2-3 times per cast, but alas nothing but pelicans and dolphin were feeding them. They eventually moved offshore but did get to keep watching 4-5 pods of dolphin working the school for a good while.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2022, 07:31:10 AM »
I hit the surf last Saturday and Sunday. Skunked on Sunday but on Saturday landed 4 13-14” calicos 1 smelt and snagged a sardine on an LC. The sardines were thick enough for about an hour at grey light that I could feel the LC hitting them 2-3 times per cast, but alas nothing but pelicans and dolphin were feeding them. They eventually moved offshore but did get to keep watching 4-5 pods of dolphin working the school for a good while.

Hey boss! Good to see you on here.  Thanks for the report 🍻

Fish Jerk

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2022, 12:11:19 PM »
Yea I’m still around  :o