Author Topic: MB morning  (Read 6063 times)

Limulus

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
MB morning
« on: August 21, 2014, 02:41:01 PM »
Got out today for the incoming again, hoping to have a few bonito hits. They came through, but once again, very quickly. There was about a 3 minute window when they came by close, even to just a few feet off the rocks, hitting topwater and sending baits flying. Only managed to grab one today.

This cheeky little bastard went about 30 yards out of his way to turn the corner and go after my squid pole. Tangled? No, not good enough for him as he cut that rig clean. Not to mention I had just spent precious time tying and retying it after having forgotten to put an egg on it. That earned this bone a place in the freezer as future bait.

Other than that, picked up two small bass on the squid.

This was the smaller one. No pic of the other one due to paddle boarders in the vicinity. Rather than attract them, I opted for a stealth release.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: MB morning
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2014, 03:03:14 PM »
Beautiful colors on the bay bass dude, and look forward to hearing what will eat the mini tuna 8)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »
Wish it wasn't so far, I'd be down to catch a bonito or two. Guess I'll have to stick to soaking perch.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
Man, that looks like awesome shark bait.  Thanks for posting up Boss. 
We are overdue for a trip out in the Boma anyway.  Once I figure out what my immediate plans are, we'll get out and catch a freezer full of meat!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.