Author Topic: Seeing Spots (9/11)  (Read 2081 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Seeing Spots (9/11)
« on: September 11, 2016, 07:13:00 PM »
After a long night of tossing topwater, it seemed like I winked and my alarm was going off to head out to TP.  Andrew even made it there before me and we headed out in the overcast dark to spot some beans and spots.

It was a little rough and spotting fish was tough, but Andrew got sight of a nice 20" corbina which swam circles around him while he was trying to catch him.

We literally walked well into Delmar and decided ti turn around.  I had to take a picture of my favorite sign o the way back.

We saw some really nice spotfin along the way in the skinny water, but couldn't get them to go.  In the meantime we ran across a dozen lobster shells littering the beach.

We start making some progress on the way back when a nice Spotfin pops up in front of us wavig his tail around.  Andrew made a few casts to it, but it swam off.  I quickly cast to where I saw it sink out in the deeper pool and BAM!  Fish On!
My first Spotfin of 2016!

Andrew was stoked to see one caught as he just thought it was so crazy seeing all these nice fish right in the skinny water,

He then saw a shovelnose almost beach itself and Andrew went for the hand grab, but just missed it!

In any case, I took off to get home and prep dinner.  Andrew stayed around and fished a few more hours to just to lose a couple of fish.

Oh well, it was a fun morning and Andrew was stoked to see a nice sight fished spotfin get hooked up and landed!
He came over a few hours later for beers and dinner.  Fun times and he's only out a few more days before flying home.

Thanks for reading and until next tide!

You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: Seeing Spots (9/11)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 07:17:45 PM »
Nice light rod sesh 8)

I've seen a few shovels slide up onto the sand as well, one that did beach itself for a good 10 seconds.

I guess they do is for the sand crabs??

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:57:44 PM »
Cool light rod sesh!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 11:32:13 PM »
That beach looks nice!
Love that sign too, wish there were more of them!

LONGCAST JOE

• Leopard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 12:27:06 AM »
Did a little light roddin in the skinny myself today...I was trying to make bait but ended up beaching 2 short halis and losing a WSB at my ankles that would have gone around 20". Actually pretty fun on a trout set up & 6lb mono

vdisney

• Sevengill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 07:04:41 AM »

WTG, if I caught one it would be first in my life.  Definitively on my bucket list   ;)
Family is Everything..............Honor, Loyalty & Respect

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 07:49:19 PM »

WTG, if I caught one it would be first in my life.  Definitively on my bucket list   ;)

You need to spend a couple days in SD and that SFC will be off your list for sure.  :)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:26:55 PM »

You need to spend a couple days in SD and that SFC will be off your list for sure.  :)

Not easy, but Verne is one experienced old salt that would kill the spotfin!   8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »
Did a little light roddin in the skinny myself today...I was trying to make bait but ended up beaching 2 short halis and losing a WSB at my ankles that would have gone around 20". Actually pretty fun on a trout set up & 6lb mono

Awesome stuff Joe!