Author Topic: Just looking  (Read 1960 times)

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Just looking
« on: December 31, 2022, 07:05:58 AM »
 I found myself at Bass Pro yesterday :o ;D Had nothing else to do so Janie and I took a drive just to look ::) We met some friends for lunch in the restaurant and did some shopping and I think it was the first time we left without breaking the bank ;D I picked up a hoodie for 20 bucks (can't beat that) and also a backup rod/reel combo, mainly as a setup for descending rockfish. Penn Warfare
20lw on a 6'6 Penn rod. Nothing fancy or expensive, just an extra rod to have on the boat, that's all ::)

Happy New Year, be Safe !!!

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Re: Just looking
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 11:35:44 AM »
Nice Tim!  Now you're going to have to start buying the pelagic gear!  4 sets of trollers with $2K electric reels, $200 lures.... this is going to be fun to watch!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2022, 11:44:26 AM »
Good on ye to commit a rod for rockfish descending.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2023, 07:49:43 PM »
Nice Tim!  Now you're going to have to start buying the pelagic gear!  4 sets of trollers with $2K electric reels, $200 lures.... this is going to be fun to watch!

I don't think I will ever get to that point, but I did find myself in Turner's again today, managed to only spent $230 so I have a ways to go before  you can enjoy the Chit Show of Timmy buying out the tackle shops :o ;D

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 06:38:08 AM »

I don't think I will ever get to that point, but I did find myself in Turner's again today, managed to only spent $230 so I have a ways to go before  you can enjoy the Chit Show of Timmy buying out the tackle shops :o ;D

I'll remember this post and bring it up again 2 years from now to see where you're at.   ;D
You can't catch them from your computer chair.