Author Topic: I can't believe I did this 25 years ago...  (Read 1961 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
I can't believe I did this 25 years ago...
« on: December 24, 2022, 09:09:41 AM »
These Christmas pictures started in Guava Beach like one of the first years they opened, I believe in 97 or 98.  They had paper table clothes with crayons on every table and Todd and I drew a Christmas Masterpiece on ours.  We had almost the entire bar walking up to watch the drawing unfold.  We even drank for free all night since we apparently were the entertainment.

The following year, we decided to do an actual pencil and ink drawing.  We made copies so we could send them out as gifts to many of our friends.  This snowballed into an entire storyline with a book in mind as well as 4 consecutive years of pictures.  Unfortunately, the fifth year one fizzled out as Todd was done with the project and over it.  I tried keeping it alive, but this was a project where we fed off each other's ideas, so it felt forced and I put everything on hold. 

Here are the pics of the pictures we Created for your enjoyment.  Each picture had many stories within each picture going on culminating in the epic battle of X-Mas morning.

XMas Ham

Santa's Sweatshop

The Company Xmas Party

Xmas Morning

I'll get the book out one year as it's been a 25-year-old story in the making.

Happy Holidays everyone!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Tim524

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Re: I can't believe I did this 25 years ago...
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 11:53:26 AM »
That's pretty cool, you should get free drinks for life for them Masterpieces 👍😎

jrodda

• Soupfin
  • your ad here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 01:57:54 PM »
You’ve got quite the show going on in your brain, don’t you Tom? Wild creativity.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 05:25:22 PM »
You’ve got quite the show going on in your brain, don’t you Tom? Wild creativity.

There's well over a dozen movies and cultural themes going on in XMas Morning.  That picture alone is a culmination of a lot of "Recreational" usage during the entire creation. lol
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 06:35:39 PM »
Showed your pics to my friend Aja. She grabbed my phone and sent herself the link to look at later.