Tackle Talk > Tackle Talk

Surprising Rod/Reel

(1/1)

Latimeria:
I mean, I wanted to buy a small rod/reel to pack in my suitcase for some small and micro stuff.  I didn't want one of the mini "gag" reels, but something that could actually cast and had a drag that I could actually fight fish in with.

I was at Sportsman's Warehouse and saw this!  I was like, sold.  It felt heavy and seemed to be everything I was looking for in a pea shooter.

It telescope's also!

Reel is the diameter of a quarter loaded with 2# test.

I must have caught a dozen panfish on it.  Most were small, but a load of fun on this rig!  I could cast on average 25' which was also more than enough.

It'll be in my car for anytime I'm around some puddle holding fish, that's for sure.

Tim524:
Perfect, 007 would be proud ;D 8)

jrodda:
I’ve broken a couple telescoping rods (kast king) so I’ve been trying to figure what the next travel rod might be. Interesting setup, though I’ve always struggled with spin cast reels.

Latimeria:

--- Quote from: jrodda on November 22, 2023, 07:21:42 PM ---I’ve broken a couple telescoping rods (kast king) so I’ve been trying to figure what the next travel rod might be. Interesting setup, though I’ve always struggled with spin cast reels.

--- End quote ---

I've been pretty lucky with my telescoping KK so far, but I always treat it like it's going to break so it doesn't.  lol

Pinoyfisher:
Bust that out during a hot mack or bonito bite!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version