Author Topic: Binh was on fire!!  (Read 3706 times)

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Binh was on fire!!
« on: January 16, 2015, 04:17:47 PM »
With eels on his hook.

Macks were the hot bait for him, I on the other hand remain skunked. Tried both squid and mack. Shore pound and downhill current made things awefully difficult. Sacrificed 2 rigs, but Binh managed to snag one of them so that it could be returned to me  ;D
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
Re: Binh was on fire!!
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »
I really dislike those critters. Has anyone tried them for bait yet?
Keep it tight

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 10:33:43 PM »
I think its a trip when they tie themselves in a knot to get free.

Used to spear fish them in Hawaii and sell to a bait shop. Sucked when you missed and didn't know where they went ... LOL  :o :o :o :P

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 07:57:19 AM »
Holy crap Dave, that's pretty funny. Lol

If i can't get them off, i use a "stunner" to chillax them enough to remove the hook. The moment i decided to try and use them for bait and see how well they work... They stopped biting. Lol

Good work Binh. It seems the natural progression of your catches are leading to grinners!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

1morecast

• Leopard
  • No Picture...It Never Happened.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:45:38 PM »
The eels where heavy near the structure we where fishing that night. Back to back cast resulted in eels in that spot. Next time we hope to acquire our target soup fin friends.  ;)
2016 Summer Shark Fishing Champion :)
Twenty Three (23)

Chris

• Leopard
  • Put me in coach!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:54 AM »
Taylor took a couple of mine once and ate them. Said they were good but too much work. Watched a video of a hawaiian guy skin and fillet one in about 3 mins. Even took the bones (or most of them) out.

I think it's time for some grilled eel Sushi rolls.  :P
Keep it tight

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2015, 11:53:15 PM »
Taylor took a couple of mine once and ate them. Said they were good but too much work. Watched a video of a hawaiian guy skin and fillet one in about 3 mins. Even took the bones (or most of them) out.

I think it's time for some grilled eel Sushi rolls.  :P

No thanks!

Side note:

We did fish the "soup kitchen" the other night and we were visited by a DFW agent. He was none too pleasant. Kind of gave us the business. We were good though, no fish on our person caught there. We know the area is MPA, blah, blah, blah. What got to me was he had this older lady with him. No special uniform on, civilian for sure. I asked her what she was doing there, no answer from her. My guess is she called him to get rid of us. She looked very over privileged and had no business being there. In fact, I think he could've put her life in danger. What if we were armed and unsavory? SMH. They left, we stayed!

So heads up y'all!!
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2015, 05:05:24 AM »
Recreational Fishing

Allowed Species: Finfish by hook-and-line from shore only. Pelagic finfish and white seabass by spearfishing.

Prohibited Species: All marine aquatic plants. All invertebrates.

Straight from the regs.

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2015, 06:11:48 AM »
I've only caught 1 eel off the San Clemente pier years ago, a gray 1, I'm guessing a wolf eel...so go figure I really wanna catch 1 of these for my species list lol

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2015, 09:07:33 AM »
Crazy story Mike. It's at a point where i feel like i need to laminate the regs and have them with me all the time.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

SevengillTheVC

• Leopard
  • I don't always catch fish, but when I do....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Funny they choose people who obviously are geared up in a manner that would show they're not your average poacher, when the piers are always full of violations. It's like they could just have a DFW agent at each pier and rake in enough revenue to have more enforcement. Still have not seen DFW in over 5 years, which is a good and bad thing. Good because it's never fun to be hassled while fishing, even for legitimate reasons, and the bad, well that's self explanatory! Side Note: I love Morays, but I have never had one on my hook so I may be biased.