Author Topic: Dark Cloud (12/30)  (Read 1890 times)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
Dark Cloud (12/30)
« on: December 30, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Well after putting my cat down yesterday, I figured I would try to take my boat out to Jennings today since my boat runs pretty good as long as I don't have to get it up on plane.  I was pretty bummed and did a little too much "drowning my sorrows" and the boat was not really an option by the morning.

I hit the shoreline armed with all of the baits that have been catching.  The trout stock was yesterday and I was feeling confident.

I got on the board quickly with a true "Pee-Pee Bass"!  lol

Trout rats had the beach on lock down, but I held my little spot of land with 2 rods to keep them away.  Rovingpacks of trout were swimming in the shallow water.  I saw hundreds in total today.  I would run my lures right over their backs at times as I apparently did not have the magic color to entice them.

After switching lures and colors a dozen times, I finally get one in the net! whew!  I was getting worried there for a minute.

Well basically, they were catching them on both sides of me, but I was almost just trying to snag one at that point.  I did see an 8 pound bass following one of the roving schools of trout though which was pretty cool.

Finally quit when I couldn't take the kids on either side of me catching and I was not.  It was a dark cloud over my head for sure.

Oh well. Mission accomplished and it was kind of nice fishing in the rain.

Thanks for reading.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Cloud (12/30)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 03:51:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your cat. I have a furry child myself. Fishing always helps, even if it's only a little bit of help. Hoping this new year is a better one for all of us.
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 06:31:19 PM »
Meant to send you a text. Forgot.

Trout rats are even worse than bass rats.

Same spot as last time?

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 06:45:04 PM »
Sorry to hear it was time for the cat.  No matter how right the decision is, it is tough to say yes to putting them down. Spent a lot of time and money at vets to ensure it was the right call. She hated and was so scared of vets I found a vet that made house calls so she was at peace at home for it.

A fishing trip is a little salve on the pain.