Author Topic: Orange County Area  (Read 2199 times)

Romanator

• Shovelnose
    • View Profile
Orange County Area
« on: December 04, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
I'm new to Big Game fishing in the surf. It would be nice to pull on some Soupfins, Leopards or Sevengills. Has anyone tried fishing in the Orange county area? There are some beaches I am thinking about trying like Sunset and Bolsa Chica. Any information on this will be much appreciated, thank you!

raychavez91

• Leopard
  • moderator's look up to me
    • View Profile
Re: Orange County Area
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 09:03:48 PM »
Bolsa Chica is awesome for leos. As for the rest I honestly haven't heard much tho.
Although there has bin a lot of gws cruising sunset beach....which use to be 1 of my old stomping grounds for leos aswell.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 08:37:47 AM »
Welcome to the boards Romanator!

Man, I hope you get out there and try to get the Orange County guys motivated.  This year there were lots of Hammerheads and Great Whites in the OC surf, but so few people trying to fish the long rods there.  Ray is spot on where to try and I can't imagine there are no soupies or sevengills around.  I would look for any structure including outflow pipes and finger jetties.  For years I had no idea they were even in the surf down here in SD until I tried to target them.  I thought they were only a northern species that had a south range to VC, but I am totally off as we have been catching them up and down the coast, but never tried the OC.

Keep at it and ask whatever questions you need.  I'd love to see an OC Seven or Soupie get pulled out!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:22:24 PM »
your not gona find any soupfins or 7s in sunset or bolsa.

As ray mentioned you will find a ton of big leopards in bolsa. Ive caught my share there.

The best spots in OC got taken away by the MLPA.

Your best bet would be at CDM, right on the border. Its a total salad fest for the most part.

Big bats are in the area as well.

BackBayMan

• Leopard
  • Always lurking...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »
If you want to hook up, ping me for some ideas.
Anybody have an emergency beer?