Author Topic: Storm check in  (Read 3829 times)

spideyjg

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
Storm check in
« on: January 06, 2016, 11:04:48 AM »
Hope everyone is safe and sound with these storms rolling though. According to 10 it will be just as bad today as yesterday.

I did the back breaking work of digging out the totally clogged culvert behind my house this summer and fall and now it is paying off in spades.

Jim
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 11:13:15 AM by spideyjg »

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
Re: Storm check in
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
I'll be fine as long as the bridge over the creek in front of my house doesn't wash away.

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 12:11:46 PM »
I'll be fine as long as the bridge over the creek in front of my house doesn't wash away.

No one will find you Steve if that bridge washes away.  I couldn't even find your place with directions! 
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 12:28:03 PM »
I'm at work up in Carpinteria.  Raining like nuts here too.  I'm hoping the mountain doesn't come down on the 101 before get home tonight!

sasquatch

• Internet Superstar
  • Global Moderator
  • Sevengill
  • Award Winning Fisherman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »

No one will find you Steve if that bridge washes away.  I couldn't even find your place with directions!

Not my fault you didn't follow the directions you were given.

Pinoyfisher

• Sevengill
  • The tug is the drug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »
We can hold the next SNBF in the giant lake in my backyard >:(
Batson Rod Winner 2017
      2018 SNBF Champ
          Forty Six (46)

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 04:12:11 PM »
I'm at work up in Carpinteria.  Raining like nuts here too.  I'm hoping the mountain doesn't come down on the 101 before get home tonight!

Im thinking it deffinately will within these next couple months . I'd be concerned if I lived in la conchita. That mountainside has come down on the homes in the past.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 04:18:43 PM by Eric H »

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 04:15:21 PM »
La and oc has been getting hit pretty decent the last couple of days. It has it's clear moments though. Been seeing some flooding here and there on the streets since the drains are plugged up.

Heard on the radio that some people got trapped in their cars and some swept away on foot.

TheCraftsman

• Mud Marlin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 04:48:39 PM »

Im thinking it deffinately will within these next couple months . I'd be concerned if I lived in la conchita. That mountainside has come down on the homes in the past.

Didn't they just have a fire right up there too? Or was that closer to Santa Barbara. It's never good for rain when the vegetation all gets burned up.
There's more than one way.. To microwave a cat!

Eric H

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

Didn't they just have a fire right up there too? Or was that closer to Santa Barbara. It's never good for rain when the vegetation all gets burned up.
I heard it was from  solimar to... I don't recal the other spot..
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 05:58:15 PM by Eric H »

WheresMyBeer

• Soupfin
  • Maui no ka oi !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 08:08:37 PM »
First time I've received the emergency alert texts on phone with alarm sounds. That was pretty cool.

"Flash Flood Alert in your area" .....
"Tornado warning in your area. Take cover immediately" ....
"Severe Thunderstorm Warning" ....

Had it all today LOL ...

Ghad I love storms!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Latimeria

• Administrator
  • Tax Man
  • Posted for Fame, Poached by Lame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 06:43:05 AM »
First time I've received the emergency alert texts on phone with alarm sounds. That was pretty cool.

"Flash Flood Alert in your area" .....
"Tornado warning in your area. Take cover immediately" ....
"Severe Thunderstorm Warning" ....

Had it all today LOL ...

Ghad I love storms!!!!!  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

It was hell driving into work this morning.  Gusty wind, impossible to see through windshield rain, Rivers across roads with lots of hydroplaning, thunder and lightning... you know, fun fun fun!
You can't catch them from your computer chair.

xjchad

• Soupfin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »

I heard it was from  solimar to... I don't recal the other spot..

Yes the fire was from Silomar up to about Faria or so.  No major slides yet, but they are constantly dozing mud off the freeway.  If I lived in La Conchita, I'd move out for awhile...